FBI Finger Printing

GreenCard05

Registered Users (C)
Friends,
Does anybody knows that how much time does FBI takes now days for sending back the FP results. I sent them in the end of Oct 2005 and haven't received anything back yet, is this normal. What should i do now.

Early response is really appreciated

jkvaisnavi said:
When I did last July 2005, they exactly took a month..
may be due to end of the year and holyday season....

I have applied fingerprinting on Jan 17th and applied Indian PCC from Indian consulate Gen, Houston on Jan 17th, do you guys know how long it is going to take to get the PCC?

As I have my interview in the second week of March and if I don't receive them in time, is that effects my interview?

Please let me know, Thanks

For Indian PCC you have to first send a copies of your PP with Cashier check and the form. Then wait for 45 days and call the consulate tell them i sent PCC request 45 days ago, they will ask you to send the original PP, within a week you can get it..

Good Luck

Thanks for the info guys. Apparently our FBI fingerprints got lost in the mail. I called up FBI and they told that they had sent it on Jan 9th but we never got it. We have already sent the new cards to them again but this time with the return envelope of Express Mail with delivery confirmation and tracking.

I found this website very useful. Hope it would be helpful to others.

http://www.fbi.gov/hq/cjisd/fprequest.htm

Regards

That link you provided for the FBI fingerprints is very useful... I have a couple of questions hopefully you can help answer them:

1. My spouse and I got fingerprinted on our local police dept. here in the US and the form seems very similiar (if not the same) as the one from the link. Do you think this would be acceptable? The card doesn't have the address in Virginia from the FBI but that wouldn't be a problem??!! Any thoughts?

2. Do you recommend having the background check completed by the FBI BEFORE submitting the application for Canada?? Or can this be done anytime? It's very confusing and given the long waits in Buffalo I wouldn't want to waste any additional time.

Any insights are appreciated. Thanks!

FBI phone number

Which phone number did you call to get the info? thanks

GreenCard05 said:
Thanks for the info guys. Apparently our FBI fingerprints got lost in the mail. I called up FBI and they told that they had sent it on Jan 9th but we never got it. We have already sent the new cards to them again but this time with the return envelope of Express Mail with delivery confirmation and tracking.

I found this website very useful. Hope it would be helpful to others.

http://www.fbi.gov/hq/cjisd/fprequest.htm

Regards

I submitted my Fingerprinting forms to FBI on 11/7/2005 and received it back from FBI on 1/27/06. So it's taking almost 10 weeks.

acgv

Yes that card is fine.

You should do the FBI after you submit the appllication. FBI results are valid only for one year. They may ask you again to resubmit after a year. Thats what has happened in my case.

90 day dealine approaching

Friends here:

The 90 day deadline is approaching for me to main to Buffalo the FBI clearance, but from what I heard a couple of days ago on the phone with FBI, they are working on mid-November submiited fingerprints card... ours were sent in late December. It seems we may miss the deadline.

Any advice? thanks

P.S. I regret not having done the FP before we received IA notice.

send FBI a letter explaining them the dedline date. Also send a letter to Buffalo telling them that you may miss the deadline because of FBI. They know that FBI is taking this long. The canadian RCMP is taking six months now days so don't worry. Make sure you send Fedex or certified mails.

FP in san diego

does anybody know if Police dept,DMV & UPS store still does Fingerprinting in the form.I checked will all these depts's and they said that they have stopped doing Fingerprinting and in the police dept site it says that only Live scan is available as of July 2005 in california?

Does anybody know about this?
How can I get my fingerprinting done in california?Does anybody know any place where fingerprinting is done?

Thanks

Finger printing confusion

HI VV,

I had the same question. I downloaded the blue form from FBI's web site and
had the finger printing done at local sheriff's office. I've sent it to FBI a week back, hoping it will work.

I enquired in a private fingerprinting agency and they said that they will not do FP in the print out sheet and that they would do it only in the FP card.But long time back I read a posting in this forum in which someone has got their FP done in the print out sheet and had sent it to the FBI....So may be it depends on the FP agency that does it.

Good luck.

The problem isn't whether any agency will do it or not but if FBI will accept those.

Guys, if anyone from CA has some knowledge on this please post here.

phone number

hi richshi!

i hope my response is not too late. you can call FBI at (304) 625-3878 or their main switchboard at (304) 625-2000. when you talk to them, be very courteous...inquire about your clearance. if it has not been processed, let them know if it's possible to have it sooner because you need it for CIC and there is a deadline. just give them a date that is a week from the date that you called. they will tell you that they will try to get it out soon...they do! i did that with mine and got it in less than a week after i called.

hope this helps.
:) zad