FBI contact information

Dory2200

Registered Users (C)
I had my 2nd fingerprint done in September, 2004. But, the online status never changed, still showing my 1st fingerprint received in Dec., 2002.

Does this mean I am stuck in FBI? Any suggestions?

Does anyone has the FBI phone number or email address for name check or fingerprint review status? They are the same things, right?

Done fp on Oct 6 2004.. Online msg still shows the same message...Check signature .... happpened in zillions of cases ...Its normal

My staus doesn't show that they have received my 1st FP's at all. I checked with FBI and they said that the FP's were sent to VSC they same day they were taken - 11/05/04. I don't know what are they doing....

as you all know I did FP on 11/04/04 just a day before you... no status change so far. I hope next will be an approval message....

As main applicant, how safe is it to change job with EAD? According to the new trend, I need to file AC21 to be safe, right?

I know this is an old topic, but I really need some first hand advices.

Thanks.

Concurrent 140 and 485
140 RD 8/02
485 RD 9/02
140 AD 6/03
several APs

1FP 12/02
2FP 9/04

GCG said:
as you all know I did FP on 11/04/04 just a day before you... no status change so far. I hope next will be an approval message....

GCG, how could you have EAD and H1 at the same time?

Dory2200,

I am still on H1, I've not used the EAD yet. I applied for it "just in case" because my H1 was expiring and I didn't know if my company will extend H1 or not... and to have some more flexibility in job search if needed...

No Change in message...

Guys,
Me also in the same boat - did FP1 on 08/28/04 ...LUD changed to 09/01/04 , message still remains --- Your Application was received on etc...etc...---
Checked with FBI ;as per them cleared on same date.Hopefully we hear the word 'Approved' soon ...It's been long enough now...

PD : 05/12/01 /India
EB3 Category
140 Cleared 08/12/04
485 RD - 09/28/03

GCG said:
Dory2200,

I am still on H1, I've not used the EAD yet. I applied for it "just in case" because my H1 was expiring and I didn't know if my company will extend H1 or not... and to have some more flexibility in job search if needed...

GCG,

If you don't use EAD, it wouldn't affect anything or current status, right? So, it doesn't hurt at all to just have it.

I am thinking about doing the same. Is there any risk involved?

As main applicant, if I quit my original sponsor company, do I have to immediately find another job and use EAD (H1 is too hard to apply now)? Can you take an one month break or something in between?

Thanks.

GCG said:
Dory2200,

GCG,

Are you main applicant? Just to be sure.

Dory2200 said:
GCG,

If you don't use EAD, it wouldn't affect anything or current status, right? So, it doesn't hurt at all to just have it.

I am thinking about doing the same. Is there any risk involved?

As main applicant, if I quit my original sponsor company, do I have to immediately find another job and use EAD (H1 is too hard to apply now)? Can you take an one month break or something in between?

Thanks.

Looking at your signature, you qualify for AC-21 (approved I-140 and I-485 oending for more than 180 days). Not sure about the one month break (consult a lawyer on this). When I invoked AC-21, on my lawyer's suggestion we notified USCIS of it. What I sent when invoking AC-21:

1. Letter from lawyer.
2. letter from prospective employer (stating yearly salary and job description that is very similar to the labor certification).
3. Pay stubs for last 2 months.

Some lawyers suggest that you should inform USCIS and some don't. As far as breaking away from your current employer, using EAD would be the right thing to do. That's my thought...

Last edited by a moderator:
sharpieterk,

Thanks for the answer. So you were the main applicant who changed job and worked under EAD and AC21, right?

Dory2200 said:
I had my 2nd fingerprint done in September, 2004. But, the online status never changed, still showing my 1st fingerprint received in Dec., 2002.

Does this mean I am stuck in FBI? Any suggestions?

Does anyone has the FBI phone number or email address for name check or fingerprint review status? They are the same things, right?

FingerPrint Status check: 304 625 5590/304 625 2000
For NameCheck Status : mail your information to FBINNCP@ic.fbi.gov
mail your last name,first name,middle name, A#,Email address,date of birth.

Dory2200 said:
sharpieterk,

Thanks for the answer. So you were the main applicant who changed job and worked under EAD and AC21, right?

Yes ! I never had a dependant while applying for a GC.