FBI 800 number to check FP status!

I got this from post
FBI Fingerprint Status (304) 625-2000
FBI Name Check Status (Main Line) (202) 324-3625

dckaraja, thanks a bunch. i will call them tomm, hope they are open on saturdays!
from your timeline, is it normal for you not to get your IL?
do you plan to do a infopass?
goodluck.

I called this number and got a friendly lady that told me if my fingerprints that came from USCIS cleared FBI. She told me that the FBI sent it back to USCIS on the same day my fingerprints were taken.

1 304-625-2000, option 3

MissMolina said:
dckaraja, thanks a bunch. i will call them tomm, hope they are open on saturdays!
from your timeline, is it normal for you not to get your IL?
do you plan to do a infopass?
goodluck.

I was thinking about doing info pass but looking at timelines.They are proceessing case filed in June/July.I figured wait and let them reach my prority month.Before I get all worked up.I have never had any luck with USCIS .I got my GC after 2 years of filing.They had mispalced my file.That was nightmare.I had to call the DO for 9 months beofre they fixed issued.So I am just ready to go thru that now.I will be paitence and see my luck this time around. :confused:

I called that number and checked with the fbi, according to them, the results were sent back to USCIS on the same day. Thanks dckaraja, for sharing this information.

It took me 2 1/2 years to get my GC (from labor to GC-card), that is normal processing time, few of my friends had to wait 4-5 yrs.

By the way, I was at the local DO this morning to check on a I-130 application pending for my relative, and I asked the IO about my n400 application and she said it is still at TSC and is pending FP results. When I asked her, if the fbi nc is complete, she mentioned everything else is completed except fp results.
If that is true, I shld be getting my IL next month, keeping fingers crossed!

Last edited by a moderator:
dckaraja,

Look you and I share the same dates and NC issues.

AK

PD = 09/18/06
FP = 10/10/06 Called FBI today. FP were sent back USCIs same day.
IL = ??/??/??

Has anyone ever had a problem with fingerprints where the USCIS didn't quickly contact them and say "we had a problem with your fingerprints"?

I went through all this thinking "No news isn't necessarily bad news". The USCIS claims an overall typical processing time of 6 months. They post typical processing times per DO on their web site. If that hasn't passed yet, why bother worrying about stuff - there isn't much you can do anyway.

All I did during the months I waited for my interview letter (the first time (about 7 or 8 months), not after I was descheduled) was check my physical mailbox each day. I didn't even bother thinking "oh, is their something from the USCIS in the mailbox" until after the time that their processing times site indicated that I should be hearing from them.

My advice:
Sit back, relax, and enjoy watching the USCIS do their stuff :) Only get nervous once something actually does run off the rails.

called FBI about Namecheck

well nothing exciting

I called the fingerprint phone number and I was directed to the customer service rep and she told me that FBI wont be able to give me an answer to either my email, fax, regular mail or FOIA for my namecheck status because they have a big backlog(3.5 million from last year) , she told me to simply wait.

well its like u are having a coke that has a new flavor. That was the first time I am talking to an FBI customer rep. :)