FAX inquiry - does it help?

Well my RD is not past JIT but I sent one regardless, it hasn't been successful as yet so not sure if it is useful to post it here. As I posted earlier, it was just a standard letter about INS allowing me to assist them with any information, if RFE is required then issue it to me, and if FP has expired to send FP notice, if possible expedite the case since my company and myself were eagerly waiting for GC.

Scan some of my prior posts, I had some links in them to INS fax coversheet etc. If you don't find it, post here again and I will help you look.

Got a mail response for my fax inquiry. Basically the message says, my case is still pending, they are currently processing 3/1/2002. and will mail me once the decision is made.

How could you know you case has been touched?

I sent them enquiry last week right after the JIT moved to March 1st thru the lawyer. But still haven't received any response from them. The on-line status is still unchanged. How did you know you files have been touched since your fax?
Thanks
wac02081xxxxx

140_takes_4ever said:
gopher97,

Nothing ventured nothing gained. I would qualify your statement with the addendum: Unless, your case drops in the hands of a sympathetic case officer, in which case it will get pushed through regardless of the JIT. I plan to keep sending faxes every alternate week or so, and I suggest you do the same. You never know.

symapthetic case officer?!?!? dude, u ok? lay off the weed :D

send a fax every other week? I thought the response letter mentions something to the effect of 'don't bother us for 90 days'

My Friend With a Jan ND.
Asked our lawyer to fax an inquiry on May 10, Because JIT was March 1. and he also called NSC the same day ( NSC told him that they will send another inquiry to whoever).

His case got approved on MAY 11th, with RFE.

I would say bug them if your case is JIT - 1 Month, thats what they say in the JIT report.

Don't know if it was Fax or Phone call to NSC.

Sent Fax enquiry/emails to USCIS and to local senators...No update yet...

I have sent fax enquiry to USCIS on 5/14/2004. W/in just one hour my case "last updated" column was changed to 5/14. Earlier it was 3/29/2004. I sent fax for myself only but the "last updated" date was changed for me and my wife.

No email update or no emails from USCIS and no fax reply also.

I have sent emails to CSS.Xll.... also and it was bounced back to me. Not sure why?

I have sent fax/emails to my local senators (Gordon Smith-R and Ron Wyden-D-OREGON State) and no response from them either.

I will send another fax on 5/31 if I didn't see a reply from them.

I haven't seen many EB3 approvals belongs to Feb month. Looks like they are doing only EB2 I guess at this moment.

I feel that people belongs to the 1st week of Feb are the unlucky guys I guess. We are seeing approvals from Jan and also from March but not for Feb month.

--Chava,
I485: WAC 02 107 xxxxx
EB3
RD: 2/6/2004
ND: 2/8/2004
1st FP: 4/4/2002
No 2nd FP or RFE.
3rd EAD and APs approved.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine is a Dec 2001 case and since the JIT is now march 2002, I called up NSC just to see if I can get any more information than what I see on-line. The person who I talked to collected all the details and filed a status enquiry, 4 working days after this an RFE was generated( last week) as per the on-line status and both the touch date and on-line case status have been updated . I am not sure if the status enquiry resulted in the RFE or if it was just a coincidence

gopher97 said:
symapthetic case officer?!?!? dude, u ok? lay off the weed :D

send a fax every other week? I thought the response letter mentions something to the effect of 'don't bother us for 90 days'
I know they are as rare as Unicorns (;)), but apparently they do exist. Goodsaint had posted recently saying they actually called to say your WAC number is wrong can you please resubmit or something of that sort.

Can I send Fax inquiry?

My son is 12 yrs old. His online status says that it is taking 730 days to process his 485. (I am primary applicant). It is now more than 730 days.

Me and my spouse's online status is same from last 2 yrs.
Do you think I can send fax inquiry on his behalf?
What say?

WAC 02 179 xxxxx
RD : May 2002
First FP : July'2002
Second FP : Jan'2004

3 weeks back did a fax inquiry. My RD and ND is April 16 2002. No response
whatsoever. Last touch date remains 1/23/02 when I did my second FP.