• I would send a fax if a text was posted for me copy

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • I would send a fax only if I believe it will do something useful

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • I would send a fax if I see a lot of other people sending them as well

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wouldn't send a fax if you paid me too

• I not only wouldn't send a fax but believe it shouldn't be listed on the forum

• I don't think sending faxes help at all

Votes: 8 26.7%

• Total voters

140_takes_4ever

Registered Users (C)
Currently we have run a couple of fax campaigns and the response though decent hasn't reflected the number of people who browse this forum on a daily basis and should be affected by INS's lethargy.

This poll is aimed at finding out what the forum feels about this issue, so that it gives us some sort of idea as to the problems people face sending faxes and their motivations.

Please post in this thread your opinions if you want to express them, your suggestions in making fax campaigns a huge hit and your grouses.

No flame wars guaranteed! All potential flame wars will stopped immediately, so post without fear of your answer being criticized. Though lucid discussion of points (even in opposition) are welcome.

I strongly feel that irrespective of the results, one should definitely participate in these email/fax campaigns. If results come then definitely it is your hard work that paid-off else atleast you have tried. Better than not doing anything and still expecting results...

Volume matters. So our Fax/E-mail campaign will be successful only if lot of our community members participate. If we continue to mention our problems to elected representatives/media, one day they will hear our issues.
If we never express our problems, How can they hear us?

off topic but related to volume matters.

would you guys be interested in posting some pamplets for people to sign the pettition? we can post them in different stores and restraunts. I have seen lots of stores have some kind of ads hanging. maybe it will add more people to the list even though they are not a member of this forum or never heard of this website/litigation.

my $0.02

ganesanc,

Not a bad idea, I will put it forth in the core team thread. We probably have to look into the logistics of mailing it but it might be possible.

Thanks!

Only 24 people have voted so far.
We may have to think those who have not voted yet would vote the last one.

Sending e-mails/faxes/postal mails is a great idea and it does support our efforts favorably.

Among other reasons, I think one of the reason people don't send is that they don't know there is a campaign going on!! Maybe they are busy and haven't seen immigration portal in a while or they somehow missed it. To counter this we need to advertise these campaigns. One thing we can do is to have a mailing list for immigration portal where we send e-mails to people about any such campaign. Probablility of people checking their personal e-mail accounts more regularly is much higher. ISN had such a mailing list. I still get e-mails from them in my personal account while I haven't visited their web site in ages!

As the membership grows for such a mailing list it will become more and more effective in long run.

theWarrior,

Terrific idea, but the problem is people who signed up for immigrationportal.com did not sign up only for the 485 forum. It was proposed to Rajiv to actually use everyone's email address to help us in our campaigns, but he felt ethically it was unfair to do so.

Though I am not entirely sure it is due to lack of knowledge that the fax campaigns are not getting as many participants. The reason I say that is the hit counter, if you see the number of views an approval or SPAM thread gets as compared to a fax campaign thread you will see that most people are not interested in working towards their green cards.

But in order to give anything a try once, I don't mind running a list server, I could send out emails when new fax campaigns are run, just to update people with information about the campaign. I will start a new thread on it, and request people who are interested to send me their personal email addresses.

Thanks for the input theWarrior.