Favorable Reccomendation--but no news from USCIS

morilloe

Registered Users (C)
I applied to a J-1 waiver with a No Objection Statement from my home government. DOS gave a favorable reccomendation on Dec. 13 and I received a copy of the letter on December 23.

However I HAVE NOT heard from USCIS!! I do not have a receipt of the case. I called the National Service Center yesterday (90 days after) and they cant find me on their computer system?? They asked me to mail (not call) my situation to the Vermont Service Center but that will take too long! Anybody has any suggestion? Who do I call? What do I do? How can I call the Vermont Service Center if I don't have an EAC#? Anybody in a similar situation?

Any help is very much appreciated!!

morilloe said:
I applied to a J-1 waiver with a No Objection Statement from my home government. DOS gave a favorable reccomendation on Dec. 13 and I received a copy of the letter on December 23.

However I HAVE NOT heard from USCIS!! I do not have a receipt of the case. I called the National Service Center yesterday (90 days after) and they cant find me on their computer system?? They asked me to mail (not call) my situation to the Vermont Service Center but that will take too long! Anybody has any suggestion? Who do I call? What do I do? How can I call the Vermont Service Center if I don't have an EAC#? Anybody in a similar situation?

Any help is very much appreciated!!

You should contact DOS. I got the receipt notice from Homeland security about the request they received from DOS. And took another 3 weeks to get my waiver from Homeland security.

My case is worse

I got a favorable recommendation from DOS in mid October 2005 and till now (April 7, 2006) I haven't got any decision from USCIS. I called USCIS 2 times, my lawyer also called and wrote a letter to the Vermont center. No reaction. I don't know what to do. It's been almost two years for my I-612 to be processed and the online notice is still says: "it takes 30-90 days to process such a case."
Any ideas what it could be?

DOS to USCIS

Hi- let me know a thing here. Do we need to contact or apply again to USCIS after getting favorable recommendation? OR we have to wait waiver certificate from USCIS, I heard it would take generally 3 months to get real one from USCIS after getting recommendation. It is making some cofusions of that process for me. Thank you.

Favorable recommendation - but no final waiver from CSC

Latazee said:
I got a favorable recommendation from DOS in mid October 2005 and till now (April 7, 2006) I haven't got any decision from USCIS. I called USCIS 2 times, my lawyer also called and wrote a letter to the Vermont center. No reaction. I don't know what to do. It's been almost two years for my I-612 to be processed and the online notice is still says: "it takes 30-90 days to process such a case."
Any ideas what it could be?

Hi Latazee! My case is similar.. DOS sent the favorable recommendation (No Objection) in Nov 2005.. I got a receit notice from the USCIS California Service Center in Dec stating it takes 60 to 90 days to process this kind of case.. to date (April 18, 2006) no final waiver was issued..

If you have a receipt notice

If you have a receipt notice from DOS (which you received in Dec., the very first one), you have a case number.
Do you remember the case number that you put on the each sheet of paper when you summit the case to your embassy?
If you have that number, you can check your status on the web.
The address is
http://169.253.2.79/Default.asp

Hope it is helpful.

Still no adjudication from USCIS

I haven't received any sign of my I612 case yet. Is USCIS supposed to confirm the waiver?

Latazee said:
I haven't received any sign of my I612 case yet. Is USCIS supposed to confirm the waiver?

Hi Latazee!

Yes, USCIS does the final adjudication and issues the actual waiver. You might be able to adjust your status based on the favorable DOS recommendation but at some point you will need the final USCIS waiver. For instance, I am desperately waiting for my final waiver to be able to obtain a K-1 fiancé visa. The US consulate in Germany stopped processing my visa application and asked me to present the final waiver :-(

--------
Nov 26, 2005 DOS sent fav. rec. to USCIS CSC
Dec 14, 2005 Receipt notice from USCIS CSC
Apr 28, 2005 No final waiver issued to date

No notice from USCIS

Thank you for the reply. I received no notice from uscis after the recommendation was sent to them. I was told the case was closed. My lawyer says it can't be. But from 10/14/05 (the favorable recommendation was made) till now no reaction from uscis.

Your case was closed at the DOS in Washington.. once they make their recommendation, they close the case and forward everything to the USCIS Service Center where the final adjudication of the waiver takes place.. USCIS still has to send you the final waiver approval notice.. good luck!

Does anybody know why it takes them so long to produce the final waiver notice? I can't belive how slow they are. It's more than frustrating..

Is anyone waiting for the final approval notice for the J-1 waiver? It seems like they stopped processing this kind of case at the California Service Center.

--------
Nov 26, 2005 DOS sent fav. rec. to USCIS CSC
Dec 14, 2005 Receipt notice from USCIS CSC
May 23, 2006 Still no final waiver issued

The same thing

My lawyer insists that my I-612 is still pending to be adjudicated at USCIS after DOS sent the favorable recommendation in mid October last year. I haven't received any notice from USCIS, complete silence, dead. What can I do?