Father's Police Certificate Of Bangladesh !

Ali Murtaza

Registered Users (C)
Hello !

All the papers required were sent to USCIS, but the 'Case' is still stuck since 2009 when our 'Priority Number' arrived. USCIS is asking for my father's 'Police Certificate' of Bangladesh. My father had lived in Bangladesh for 2 years, from 1963 to 1964 ; Bangladesh was not a seperate country at that time rather it was Pakistan's Eastern Province and was called as East Pakistan, it as later in 1971 that it became Bangladesh.

My father contacted his relatives in Bangladesh and asked them to help him get Police Character Certificate of Bangladesh but all in vain. The Police Authorities in Bangladesh said that a Foreign National can never get Police Character Certificate from Bangladesh 'This How !' My father's sister sons also contacted Special Branch of Police in Bangladesh regarding this issue ang they were of no help.

In 2013 my father contacted Bangladesh Consulate in Karachi, Pakistan where we live now, so that a Police Character Certificate could be issued to him this way ; the concerned official in Bangladesh Consulate, Karachi asked for some fees for getting such Police Certificate and said that it could take 6 months, but its May 2015 now and we are still unable to get father's police certificate of Bangladesh nor Bangladesh Consulate Official contacted us in this regard.

We kept informing USCIS from time to time about all these updates but they are still asking for my father's police certificate. Today May 09, 2015 they have emailed ' Notice of Termination of Registration (TL1).' In that notice they have written that if we did not contact them within 1 year they will terminate the Petition finally.

USCIS had sent another letter on May 3, 2014, 1year before we received this new letter on May 09, 2015. That earlier letter was abbreviated as 'MFL' and they had attached a 'Form,' which asked whether we wish to continue or terminate our Immigration Petition.

My mother who lives in Pakistan had applied for Immigration To USA through her sister who is a U.S. Citizen, back in year 2001. My mother, my father and we kids are beneficiaries of that immigration petition.

Can anyone Help ! ?

Regards,
Ali.