Father - No Birth Certificate

ayhd100

Registered Users (C)
My father never had been in school and no birth certificate. I asked some of lawyers but they told it will take 6 months and cost more than RS 25K.

So I also read that affidavit will work if two older relatives than my father about birthdate and place.

Anyone know US consulate Mumbai will accept this?

My father never had been in school and no birth certificate. I asked some of lawyers but they told it will take 6 months and cost more than RS 25K.

So I also read that affidavit will work if two older relatives than my father about birthdate and place.

Anyone know US consulate Mumbai will accept this?

Dont worry.
Get a Non Availability of Birth Certificate for the local municipal office. it should cost you around Rs 2000.00.
get an affidavit from 2 people, get a copy of rashen card which shows your dads DOB. All these together will be fine. I did the same and it worked
Good luck

I am not sure Rashen card comes with Birth date? Or you have to do something to get birth date on rashen card?

Two people for affidavit require closed relative or someone from village will be fine. I do not find any closed (blood) relative live elder than my father.

Thanks again for your response.

Dont worry.
Get a Non Availability of Birth Certificate for the local municipal office. it should cost you around Rs 2000.00.
get an affidavit from 2 people, get a copy of rashen card which shows your dads DOB. All these together will be fine. I did the same and it worked
Good luck

I am not sure Rashen card comes with Birth date? Or you have to do something to get birth date on rashen card?

Two people for affidavit require closed relative or someone from village will be fine. I do not find any closed (blood) relative live elder than my father.

Thanks again for your response.

Yes, rashen card comes with the date of birth. I am from AP, India, My dad's rashencard came with the picture and DOB form him and all the house hold members.
The affidavits need not be blood related, any one older to him is fine. make sure he has a marriage certificate, if not get 2 affidavits for that too.

My mother is no longer and my father did not have marriage certificate but we have deadth certificate for my mother. Will that work ?

Yes, rashen card comes with the date of birth. I am from AP, India, My dad's rashencard came with the picture and DOB form him and all the house hold members.
The affidavits need not be blood related, any one older to him is fine. make sure he has a marriage certificate, if not get 2 affidavits for that too.

Consular processing for parents

Hi :

I am planning to apply green card for my parents as well and wondering if we should go via counsulor processing or do Concurrent Filing, can you tell us which process is faster and simpler?

thanks

counsular processing or concurent filing for parents

Hi:

I am a us citizen and planning to apply for my parents green card, i have the following questions about the two processes that i can choose from, i would appreciate if you can provide some guidance here.

1. what are the main differences in the two processes cp and concurrent filing?
  2. how much time does each process take?
  3. are there higher chances of denial in one of these processes?
  4. my parents do not have birth certificates - my father has a non availability certificate but we are unable to get this for my mother. what can be done here?
  5. if we choose to apply via concurrent filing for which my parents will have to be in US, will the date on some affidavits that we have already created matter and would it be considered an intent to get green card before they enter US?

your guidance here is much appreciated as my parents are old now and not having them here with us is mentally very disturbing.

thanks in anticipation.