Fastandlucky you were right

BritNYGC

Registered Users (C)
Congressmans office tells me that they sent an FP request in Aug 04 to an old address, even though I had updatedd it a long while ago.

VSC say they're sending another request. Anyone know how long it takes after the FP? Time is running out at my current employer.

Depends on your category... for EB2 people it moves pretty fast, some EB3 are lucky and get it faster than the others... and the speed actually depends more on the FBI... so, if all the security checks are done (FP, Name Check, etc) it will be waiting around 1 mo for EB2 category, 1-3 mo for EB3... something like that...

just do 1 step at a time. go get your FP done. than wait a bit and see if name check goes though... once it's done wait...

good luck.

HI i read your post, I need to understand one thing. May be you can clear my doubts.
you said after FP and make check done, just wait.
I did my FP and the results also got updated in INS. Now what is the name check and how will I now if it is done or not.
my FP review and case resume notice is updated in INS and i got emails of that , does that mean , name check is also completed or that is a separated process. if someone can explore the name-check process, i will appriciate.

TIA

Thanks Fastandlucky - Do they run the security checks after each FP? I'm assuming mine are already done.

BritNYGC,

looks like in some cases they run Name Check AFTER FP results received... it's like:

1 step) FP
2 step) Name/Security Checks
3 step) Approval

I called VSC in Jan, asked about Name check they told me "looks like you are not at that step yet...", I asked if it means it was not even requested, the answer was "YES"... then I received and completed my FP2... after status changed to case resumed I called them again to find out if Name Check is done... the answer was "you name check is pending..."...

conclusion - do not be so sure that your name check is done unless they tell you it's done and you can see an LUD...

so do FP, then file FOIPA with the FBI...

all the best.

Thanks for explaining the process. I also booked an infopass appointment to explain the issue and see if I can get a FP request there.

Let's hope we both don't wait too long.