Fast Passport Information

Privateer

Registered Users (C)
Hello....I was Naturalized on Sept 12th....

Applied for Passport on Sept 14th (at post office with expeditious service)

Received email Sept 21 that the passport had been overnighted out. :eek:

One week from application to completion.....I should receive it on Sept 24th, 2007 ..... :D

Regular processing

I applied for regular processing on August 25. The post office was packed with passport applicants. I spent 3 hours in line (no appointment necessary), so I was prepared to wait for the advertised 10-12 weeks.
Yesterday I received an e-mail announcing that my passport was mailed to me and it will arrive on or about September 26. Not bad at all.

DO: Baltimore
PD Jan 15, 2007
ID/OD August 23, 2007

Passports

Hi.....just an update....I was supposed to receive my passort on September 24 but it arrived on Sept 22.....8 days from application to the day I received in and my Naturalization Cert. was returned with the passport.

It took more than 8 weeks to receive my Canadian Passport......Yay America.....quick work.....:D

I had mailed mine expidatied and son's as regular.Got email both were process and malied same time.This should confirm backlog is gone..:cool:

Well neither you nor privateer have mentioned your regional passport offices so there is no way of comparing. What was your regional passport office?
What about you privateer?

Wow that is fast.I mailed mine on Sep 11th,exp as well.Did not get any emails so far:eek: .

Regional Passport Office

Hi...sorry....I don't have the regional passport number address.

I did apply directly through the post office in Tulsa OK...hope that helps...

Dont know that.It was done by guy at post office.I guess I should have asked him where he was going to mail it.

I got my passport in mail day beofre yesterday. I got email telling me I should be getting it yesterday, arrived day earlier.It looks like they issued it three days from recieving my app.Not bad :D

I think guys in east coast are getting passports in 8 to 10 days for expedited service. I think it is taking 2 weeks in minnesota for expedited. Minnesota can be processed in Colorado or Seattle office.

Aren't MN's passports processed in Chicago?
I think guys in east coast are getting passports in 8 to 10 days for expedited service. I think it is taking 2 weeks in minnesota for expedited. Minnesota can be processed in Colorado or Seattle office.

brb2 i thought so too but I saw the county lady was mailing it to Seattle and also the return envolop had a from address of seattle. But to my suprise today when I called the national pp center the agent told that it was being processed in colorado.

Very interesting. In a way that is good, because there will be consistancy in the passport processing time across the US. This is in stark contrast to fast USCIS processing times at NSC, and extremely slow processing at TSC.

Where did you apply for your passport? I plan to apply at my local postoffice and not my closest Hennepin county office.

brb2 i thought so too but I saw the county lady was mailing it to Seattle and also the return envolop had a from address of seattle. But to my suprise today when I called the national pp center the agent told that it was being processed in colorado.

I have applied at the Dakota county office in apple valley as they have photo service there and at the same time two clerks check the pp app to see everything is good. Advice to you I have read in the forum some where not to request overnight because you are not getting a tracking number that way. It makes sense because I saw the clerk put the return overnite envelop along with the application so that means for that to be tracked somebody has to scan that at the mailing pp office which I dont think will happen.

Thanks Tom&Jerry. I will need to investigate this thing. I never noticed that fine detail so far. Ingo too had a similar issue of no tracking in spite of paying both ways express mail.

I have applied at the Dakota county office in apple valley as they have photo service there and at the same time two clerks check the pp app to see everything is good. Advice to you I have read in the forum some where not to request overnight because you are not getting a tracking number that way. It makes sense because I saw the clerk put the return overnite envelop along with the application so that means for that to be tracked somebody has to scan that at the mailing pp office which I dont think will happen.

Just FYI,
I received my passport in about an hour from the Chicago passport agency. I had to show my airline ticket and proof that I need the passport ASAP. I was expecting to get it the next day but when they told me i can pick it up in an hour, i was pleasantly surprise. BTW, I didn't have an appointment either.

I dropped off my passport application on Nov 1st around 3pm at the Post Office. I paid for the expedite service (but not for overnight mailing). I got my passport in the mail today, Nov 10th. It took 9 calendar days even though the guy in the Post Office told me it would take 2-3 weeks.

I live in Dallas and the passport was processed in Houston, so I don't know if that helped with the speed.