Family based interview-Arrived on K-3,I-485 interview experience at charlotte

devss

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

This week i attended the interview at charlotte.Here are the details and may be this info helps who are on k-3.

The documents asked by the officer:

Joint financial accounts

All utility bills where both the spouse names are included.

Marriage pictures.

Recent pay stubs of both the spouses.

Remember those who are on k-3 they must have done their medicals in their
respective countries and on arrival in U S if they apply for adjustment status withing one year of medicals examination then they do not require to undergo another medical examination, since i too applied after 5 months on arrival and the officer didnt asked me about my medicals.

Joint tax filing copies for the last 2 yr or 3 yrs.

Birth certificates of both as well as children if any.

Here is my time line:

Married USC in march 2002
K-3 approved in jan 2003
Arrived in US april 2003
Applied for adjustment status in sep 2003 Charlotte office N C
Received Notice of action for I-485 in Nov 2004
Attended interview in DEC 2004 ( Charlotte)

I-130 was filed by my spouse in U S (who is an USC) in May 2003 and it got approved in August 2004.

Well, coming back to the interview outcome, the officer didnt stamped any thing on my passport but she clearly told us that they are waiting on the security clearance check and we'd receive an approval notice in 2 weeks that approval notice can be used to travel and its can be used as temporary PR( I-551) and on receipt of the approval letter we'd receive the plastic card in another 2 weeks and after the interview,the officer said that we do not need to come for I-551 stamping they 'd send the approval letter and plastic card in 4 weeks.Hope this experience 'd help others who are in the
same situation.

Any further info required i'd be glad to share. I personally thank all the members who helped me in giving their personal inputs which made me aware of many immigration related issues.good luck to one and all. God bless you all.

devss

Congrats on your successful interview, it looks like it is not a problem on your A# change. Thanks for sharing info. Hope you will get your card pretty soon.

I am getting ready for My Jan interview. Last time I checked through my lawyer, my security background check has been completed but has not related to my new A#(the difference is the one I used from my OPT is non-immigration A#, the new one indicates immigration process). I wish I could have listened to my friend not putting the number in the forms. The file was not transferred back to Charlotte when the inquiry made. Hopefully, they will get there on time.

I'll report the interview experience when we are done.

Hi puzzled,

I personally thank you for that A# clarification and when the interview was on i asked the officer about the A# discrepancy she informed me that they have allotted the new A# number and the number on the I-485
NOA is permanent so i was relieved a lot.BTW if the marriage is performed in good faith and living together then there'll not be any problem, so just be cool.My best wishes for your forthcoming interview.GBU.

devss

Puzzled said:
Congrats on your successful interview, it looks like it is not a problem on your A# change. Thanks for sharing info. Hope you will get your card pretty soon.

I am getting ready for My Jan interview. Last time I checked through my lawyer, my security background check has been completed but has not related to my new A#(the difference is the one I used from my OPT is non-immigration A#, the new one indicates immigration process). I wish I could have listened to my friend not putting the number in the forms. The file was not transferred back to Charlotte when the inquiry made. Hopefully, they will get there on time.

I'll report the interview experience when we are done.
Puzzled,

I think we're in the same boat. I'm also having my interview in Jan and I'll share my experience with you all. Good luck to you!