Family-based I-130 question...URGENT!

imhrb

Registered Users (C)
Folks,

Here is a scenario and I wanted your feedback - kind of urgent.

Someone I know was a US citizen (80 years old). He applied I-130 for his married daughter, her husband and two daughters (who are all overseas), about 10 years ago, which got approved shortly but the PD was not current. Last year the US citizen father passed away, and this year the PD became current. The embassy overseas asked the daughter of this US citizen to appoint someone in the US as her and her family's sponsor, and she appointed her brother (also a US citizen). Now the brother has received a notice from the CIS, asking to pay his sisters and her family's visa fee to further process the case. A few questions:

1. Since the father who applied for his daughter and her family, passed away last year, after the I-130 had been approved, is there still any way for this daughter to immigrate to the US? Are there any special steps to be taken now, since the applicant passed away?

2. One of the family members whom the 80-year old deceased had applied for (basically the grand daughter) just turned 21, and therefore, her name was not listed in the recent notice received to pay the visa fee. Is there any way to have her included also?

Thank you all! I would really appreciate a quick response...

Thanks.

What could be the impact on case if it is re-submitting again and again

Hello,

I want to ask 3 small questions which is related to Family-based I-130 question, my father inlaw he is US citizen he applied the I 130 for his daughter before marriage , later on she got married the cased was re-submitted with latest information, this case stacked on some stage and nothing happened for years
So 3rd time this case re-submitted after 6 years with new file number to California service center, current status is “Initial review”
My Questions are.

1) What could be the impact on case if it is re-submitting again and again
2) What time frame will it take to reach to the final decision?
3) Medical background of petitioner can expedite the case process.

Regards