Family based I-130/I-485

Just Got my EAD

smart_guy007 said:
folks, I am starting a new thread for people, who have filed I-130/I-485 with MSC/NBC , because they are married to USC. Please post your application/time line/interview experience. Please share for benefit of others who are in same boat.

Thanks

Just got my EAD and now looking forward to my I485.

Sameer :D

I filed I130/I485/I765
RD 09/23/2005
ND 09/30/2005

How long does it usually take to get your fingerprint appointment? Im more concerned about the EAD, my husband is without a job until he gets that. Does that usually process first?

Sweetart

Sweetart said:
I filed I130/I485/I765
RD 09/23/2005
ND 09/30/2005

How long does it usually take to get your fingerprint appointment? Im more concerned about the EAD, my husband is without a job until he gets that. Does that usually process first?

Sweetart

USCIS is changing its process of issuing FP notices. It might be a while before you see yours come in mail. EAD takes ~ 30-90 days to get approved.

ari4u said:
USCIS is changing its process of issuing FP notices. It might be a while before you see yours come in mail. EAD takes ~ 30-90 days to get approved.
Thats right but sometimes you get an interview notice even before they approve the EAD like in my case.

Questions on Filing for Green Card for parent

I am filing a petition for permanent residency my parents.

Since a friend told me that the rules may have changed recently, I would appreciate if some one could confirm the following:

1. Can one file I-130 and I-485 together?
There is a notice on USCIS website that says one has to wait till a visa number is available. Not sure if that means, I-485 cannot be filed together anymore.

2. If an I-130/I-485 has been submitted, would there be any problems for my parents to enter the US based on their multi-year tourist visa that they have been using to come to the US?

pankaj21 said:
I am filing a petition for permanent residency my parents.

Since a friend told me that the rules may have changed recently, I would appreciate if some one could confirm the following:

1. Can one file I-130 and I-485 together?
Yes. But only if your parents are here in the US. If they are not, then you only file I-130 and they have to go for CP at a nearest consulate.

There is a notice on USCIS website that says one has to wait till a visa number is available. Not sure if that means, I-485 cannot be filed together anymore.
If you are a USC, a visa number is immediately available to you as soon as your I-130 is received.

2. If an I-130/I-485 has been submitted, would there be any problems for my parents to enter the US based on their multi-year tourist visa that they have been using to come to the US?
They cannot use their non-immigrant visa as they already demonstrated immigration intent by applying for I-130/I-485. If they are in US, they can use AP to travel back and forth, if not, they should wait till GC is approved so they can enter US without problems.

Email from USCIS - RFE

I received the follwing email this after noon. I am hoping to receive the letter in couple of days. I have sent all the supporting docs along with the appplication package ( I-130, 485, 131).

Can anybody let me know what I can be expecting?
Thanks for your reply in advance.
-Simi Dude

Application Type: I485 , Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On November 18, 2005, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case. The notice explains in detail what additional material is needed. If you have questions about the notice, what is required, or if 14 days have passed and you have not received the notice, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision or advice from USCIS within the projected processing time frame*, please contact the National Customer Service Center.

National Customer Service Center (800) 375-5283.

*The projected processing time frame can be found on the receipt notice that you received from the USCIS.
*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

simidude said:
I received the follwing email this after noon. I am hoping to receive the letter in couple of days. I have sent all the supporting docs along with the appplication package ( I-130, 485, 131).

Mr. Bean said:
I got similar message which turns out to ask for birth certificate. So I guess that it will ask you to submit additional materials or
something missing.
-Simi Dude

Application Type: I485 , Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On November 18, 2005, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case. The notice explains in detail what additional material is needed. If you have questions about the notice, what is required, or if 14 days have passed and you have not received the notice, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision or advice from USCIS within the projected processing time frame*, please contact the National Customer Service Center.

National Customer Service Center (800) 375-5283.

*The projected processing time frame can be found on the receipt notice that you received from the USCIS.
*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

simidude said:

-Simi Dude

It could be anything you forgot to submit from the list below...
1. birth certificate
2. translation of birth certificate
3. non-availability birth certificate from local authorities if affidavits were submitted in lieu of unavailable birth certificate
4. I-693
5. I-864
6. supplementary documents....

All you can do is to wait for the RFE to come in mail. Dont break your head over it. Go through the copies of the forms you sent and verify if you submitted what they asked...

Status- processing dates?

09/13/05 - I130/I485/I765/I131

10/29/05 - FP

11/17/05 - I131 approval
11/18/05 - I765 approval

There has been nothing on my I-130 or I-485. only thing I've noticed is the last updated date is changed to "11/1/05" for the I-485.

I can't seem to find what the processing dates are for the cases with MSC###

my timeline

First I want to say that these boards have been INVALUABLE during the preparation process. I spent many hours pouring over messages and avoided several mistakes thanks to everyones helpful advice. It seems that with the new lockbox/processing policy things have slowed down dramatically for I-130/I-485 petitions. I haven't looked at the boards in quite some time because I was content just thinking that things must be moving along but now I'm starting to wonder a bit. I would like to see SOMEONE's timeline that actually got their GC since this new lockbox mailing was started! Perhaps I have to go through the archives... Anyway, here's my timeline so far:

I am Candian citizen, married to US Citizen March 12, 2005. I was here legally prior to marriage (and at the time of marriage) for about 2.5 years (on TN).

Mailed package (I-130, I-485, I-131, I-765) to lockbox 4/15/05 or so...
Fingerprints 5/11/05
Received AP 6/15/05
Received EAD 6/16/05

Have not received ANYTHING since. Should I be concerned??

Of course I have called but since my case is being processed at the National Benefits Center they cannon tell me anything about processing times.

It all depends which is your service center and DO. In my wife's case it was San Antonio and she got here green card in a little over 7 weeks. Some other DO's are slower.

enjoylife said:
It all depends which is your service center and DO. In my wife's case it was San Antonio and she got here green card in a little over 7 weeks. Some other DO's are slower.

Well, mine would be the California Service Center and I suppose Santa Ana is my District office but the person on the phone told me that my case is still at the National Benefits center (receipt notice starts with MSC)... I assume it would be forwarded to my DO for interviewing etc. but have heard nothing and it's now been over 6 months. The listings for CSC say they are processing applications with receipt date of May 19, 2005 but my file has not been updated/access at all so I assume it's not there. The Santa Ana office does not list times for I-130 either...

It seems like others are having a long wait these days with the new procedure of mailing all family based applications to the National Benefits center.

I may try to write a request for information but I suspect that would be basically a waste of time. Guess I just have to wait longer :rolleyes:

I-485 Processing times question

Hi everyone!

I'm new to the boards here, just reading through everyone's posts has been so helpful. Nice to know I'm not alone in this frustrating process...

My question is, how long is it actually taking for the I-485 to be processed? My I-485 notice from the NBC says 120-180 days, but that just doesn't seem right...I'm in Virginia and I'm not exactly sure what my DO is.

Here's my timeline so far:

Oct 6th docs received by NBC
Oct 13th Notices issued (checks were cashed somewhere in between)
~Nov 15th FP appt notice
Nov 30th FP appts for I-485 and I-765

Please add mine to the timeline...

I485/i130/i765
Rd= 9-23-05
Nd= 9-30-05

I have not received any other notices since... I'm very anxious, but I know it is a waiting game. Don't you think I should hear from them soon? I just need a little hope... :(

Last edited by a moderator:
hello there,i dont know your DO but this time it takes little bit longer, just give it some time like 4 months more and after that u can start wondering about it.

smartspider said:
Hi everyone!

I'm new to the boards here, just reading through everyone's posts has been so helpful. Nice to know I'm not alone in this frustrating process...

My question is, how long is it actually taking for the I-485 to be processed? My I-485 notice from the NBC says 120-180 days, but that just doesn't seem right...I'm in Virginia and I'm not exactly sure what my DO is.

Here's my timeline so far:

Oct 6th docs received by NBC
Oct 13th Notices issued (checks were cashed somewhere in between)
~Nov 15th FP appt notice
Nov 30th FP appts for I-485 and I-765

ok ,u should recieve your ead any moment from now.and with the 485 keep your prayers strong. good luck

payala said:
What exactly is MSC/NBC? What's the difference?

All family based GC applications should be sent to the chicago lock box which is a part of the National Benefits Center (NBC). The NBC is in Missouri and is also called the Missouri Service Center and hece the recipts you receive would have receipt numbers starting with MSC.