Family based I-130/I-485

I-130 Question

I am married to a USC. We both have jobs in separate cities and have given our respective addresses in I-130.

We filed for I-130, I-485, I-131 and I-765. We have recd NOA/receipt notice for I-485, I765 and I-131. They were all addressed to me. We are waiting for I-130 receipt notice. All the checks (includng I-130) have been cashed.

I was wondering to whom is the I-130 receipt notice addressed:
To the US citizen sponsor spouse OR the spouse being sponsored.

If it's US citizen sponsor spouse then I will probably wait for my wife to receive it. However, if it's addressed to person who is being sponsored i.e, I will try to check with USCIS.

Any insight will be appreciated.

Vikas

My Timeline:
07/11/05: sent I-130, I-485, I-131 and I-765 to chicago lockbox facility
07/12/05: Received at lockbox (Day 0)
07/18/05: Recd NOA for I-485, I765 and I-131. Waiting for I-130 NOA (Day 6)
07/18/05: All Checks cashed (Day 6)
07/27/05: FP Scheduled (Day 15)

Oh, how did you handle this? Seems that NBC is slower and slower this year. When I submitted mine last year, it took about 3 weeks to get EAD and AP after the notice date. This year, I submitted my EAD renewal 5/4, got notice date 5/30. So far, still waiting for the decision.

Now, I need renew my AP again and want to use e-filing system. But I always got error saying that I should provide middle initial, while I don't have it at all. It is desperate now.

couch said:
Does anyone know what to do if the AP document is not recieved within 90 days? What options do i have if i have to travel soon?

Couch

Timeline for I-485, I-130

It will great if we could have a timeline for the green card and I-485, I-130 approvals similar to the EAD timeline. It would give first timers like me to have an idea of how long it takes to get the GC from the time we apply.

infoimmigration said:
Hi
I have my fingerprinting done on 20th july. I can see my case stauts updated on 21st july but nothing has been changed regarding the case/no approval or rejection. Can anyone tell my how long does it take to get EAD after FP? In the office, they did my fingerprinting and took a photo. Is that all i need to do for biometrics and fingerprinting or there is some thing more?
Reponses will be really appreciated.

It takes about 60 days from the time you apply for EAD. And reg fp and bio yes thats all there is to it nothing else.

vikas_chopra said:
I am married to a USC. We both have jobs in separate cities and have given our respective addresses in I-130.

We filed for I-130, I-485, I-131 and I-765. We have recd NOA/receipt notice for I-485, I765 and I-131. They were all addressed to me. We are waiting for I-130 receipt notice. All the checks (includng I-130) have been cashed.

If it's US citizen sponsor spouse then I will probably wait for my wife to receive it. However, if it's addressed to person who is being sponsored i.e, I will try to check with USCIS.

It will be sent to your wife's address.

approval notice

Hi

There is an update in my online USCIS status check account saying that I have been approved for I765 and I will get the approval notice by mail. I had my FP done on 20th july that was past 90 days of my filing. When can I expect my EAD? Can I use this approval to sit in job interviews? i was tols that EAD is sent usually within a week. Is approval notice same as EAD?
Please help.

Thanks for the reponse in advance.

online status

It's been 15 days since USCIS lockbox recd the applications. I completed my FP & Bio today. However, I am unable to see/check my status online.

Anyone else had the same problem? Any insight will be appreciated

Oh boy :) you seem to be in a hurry. Relax a lil bit, its not like magic. The online status takes its own time and you have no control over it. It takes 0 mins from notice date to show up online for some people and a month for some people. I couldnt see any of my applications online. The day i took my FP/Bio, the 485 and 765 popped up online with status as application received (not FP). I still cant see my 130 and 131. As long as you have the NOA, you dont have to worry, online status dont mean a thing :p

For your peace of mind, call up USCIS and check with them

vikas_chopra said:
It's been 15 days since USCIS lockbox recd the applications. I completed my FP & Bio today. However, I am unable to see/check my status online.

Anyone else had the same problem? Any insight will be appreciated

Last edited by a moderator:
ari4u said:
Oh boy :) you seem to be in a hurry. Relax a lil bit, its not like magic. The online status takes its own time and you have no control over it. It takes 0 mins from notice date to show up online for some people and a month for some people. I couldnt see any of my applications online. The day i took my FP/Bio, the 485 and 765 popped up online with status as application received (not FP). I still cant see my 130 and 131. As long as you have the NOA, you dont have to worry, online status dont mean a thing :p

For your peace of mind, call up USCIS and check with them

Thanks. Your answer is relieving. I just checked the online status. Can see it for I-485 and I 765. Hopefully, I -130 and I -131 will show up in due course.

Now its just wait, watch and keep the fingers crossed.

Help with I-130 and I485 please....

Hello,

My US citizen spouse and I work and live in different states.
We are now applying for I-130, 485, 765 and 131. I read that all these applications go to the Chicago Lockbox.
Now, My question is...
1.Can we use my spouse's address on all the applications, as I keep moving...?
2. Can I submit my Medicals which are performed by a doctor in my state, even though the application has my spouse's address

Please advise....
Thank you!

divorce after EAD

Hi

I just got my EAD but we are having some problem with our marriage. I just want to ask if we divorce, then will my EAD be cancelled automatically or else what will happen and what I need to do?

Reponses will be highlly appreciated.

Address and Med forms

Ritak said:
Hello,

My US citizen spouse and I work and live in different states.
We are now applying for I-130, 485, 765 and 131. I read that all these applications go to the Chicago Lockbox.
Now, My question is...
1.Can we use my spouse's address on all the applications, as I keep moving...?
2. Can I submit my Medicals which are performed by a doctor in my state, even though the application has my spouse's address

Please advise....
Thank you!

Hello Ritak,
Answers to ur questions...
1) I think u should, just give one address, probably the one that u wouldnt need to change and u can always receive mail and get informed about it right away. I too have given different address, actually its my uncles. gave same for mine and spouse, but i am still in the same State. Also remember ur case would be taken by the office of the region that u used the address.
2) I hear that u need to submit the medicals with the whole package, I didnt do that as I didnt know it and even when i called 1-800 they said that it was fine as my sub office instructed to be submitted later, but as u know u always get different opinions, neways nothing to loose except few 100 bucks, if u need do it again, but if it might help anyway in expediting the case i would take the risk. Now Answer to ur actually question, I dont think so it should be a problem, if its a registered INS doctor, there shouldnt be any problem as u can just say that u were going to be at that place for sometime and u just got it done there, the form doesnt change from state to state so there shouldn't be any problem....but just get confirmed, call 1-800 freaks for another opinion and well also other people from the forum might have suggestion. But i think it shouldnt be a problem.

Thanks

SWaiting said:
Guys,
how long does it take before you can see the status online for your cases. I got the receipts on 28th aug but still can't track them on the uscis website..

thanks for your help...

UPDATE : Was able to track the status after 10 days of getting the receipts.

I had the same thing - couldn't set up an e-mail alert, and was getting an "Invalid Case" message. You have to call 1-800 and ask the customer rep to transfer you an Immigration Officer (Cust reps are no help). In my case, the officer took a note of all my receipt numbers, and said he will pass the message to their IT support and they will update their online database. Hope this helps.

Best of luck!

Hi Vikas,

How did you get the fingerprinting scheduled? My notice says that USCIS will send me a seperate appointment letter for fingerprinting...your fingerprinting appointment date seems pretty fast.

thanks..

vikas_chopra said:

Vikas

My Timeline:
07/11/05: sent I-130, I-485, I-131 and I-765 to chicago lockbox facility
07/12/05: Received at lockbox (Day 0)
07/18/05: Recd NOA for I-485, I765 and I-131. Waiting for I-130 NOA (Day 6)
07/18/05: All Checks cashed (Day 6)
07/27/05: FP Scheduled (Day 15)

Steps after fingerprinting?

Hi Everybody,
I am sure this is just a basic question and has been answered previously. But I am just a little confused about the timeline as well the number of steps involved after finger printing till you receive the GC. So how long does it typically take to receive an approval notice for I-485 and I-130 from the time you apply? I sent it to the detroit DO in June 2005 and when I see the timeline on the website for detroit it says they are still processing I-485 applications with receipt notices dated mar 1, 2005. So does that mean I will get the GC in another 4-5 months? How many steps are there in between the fingerprinting and the actual GC? I dont mean to frustrate you guys with a basic question but I was just curious.
Thanks!

Changing District office.

Is it possible to request that my application be forwarded to Jacksonville instead of Orlando? I live in Daytona Beach and the distance to both Orlando and Jacksonville district offices is about the same. I’m trying to save as much time as I can in my AOS process.
What are the implications of making such request? Should such request be made through writing or calling the 1-800 number?
Thanking you in anticipation of your advice on this issue.

Dave

District Office

Is it possible to request that my application be forwarded to Jacksonville instead of Orlando? I live in Daytona Beach and the distance to both Orlando and Jacksonville district offices is about the same. I’m trying to save as much time as I can in my AOS process.
What are the implications of making such request? Should such request be made through writing or calling the 1-800 number?
Thanking you in anticipation of your advice on this issue.

Dave

Tracking Application filed at Chicago Lock Box - Need Help

I received Receipt Notices for filing of I-130, I-485, I-131 to Chicago Lock Box for my parent. I am not able to track them on the USCIS Case Status Web Site. Any body in the same situation like me?

The receipt numbers are like MSC001316XXA, MSC001316XXB, MSC001316XXC, MSC001316XXD where A, B, C, D are sequential numbers.

Once filed and have the receipt notices, how much time does it take for the Case Numbers to appear on the Case Status tracking system? Any input is greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance for allyour help.

-Simi Dude

Thanks Everybody,. I was able to track my cases I-130, 131, 484 as of this evening. T

Thanks Everybody,. I was able to track my cases I-130, 131, 484 as of this evening. Thanks