Family based I-130/I-485

Will they process I485/I130 together at local district office?

I browsed through other forum and some one said that if you filed I130/I485 together and transfered to NBC, the I130 processing date in MSC/NBC is irrelavant if the processing date for I485 at local district office comes first, they will tranfer the files to local office and adjust them together.

That would be wonderful news if it's true. Does anyone know for sure or if there is any supporting evidence?

Thanks a lot.

Puzzled said:
While the processing date for I130 is still stuck on 11/1/2001 in NBC/MSC, I checked the I485 processing date in Charlotte today, to my surprise, it is processing May 30, 2004, is it REAL or just another mistake?

If it's real, what does that mean? Will my files be transfered back to Charlotte since my notice date is Oct 27, 2003? Or it has to wait until I130 got approved first?

Thanks.

Update

I called 1-800 number, after 30 mins wait, I finally got through and talked to a lady. She said she entered an enquiry to my case(I485) and I should receive something from INS within 30 days. I hope it's a good sign.

She also said both I130 and I485 should be adjusted at the same time, I hope it means that I don't have to wait my 1130 got approved in order to process I485.

Puzzled said:
While the processing date for I130 is still stuck on 11/1/2001 in NBC/MSC, I checked the I485 processing date in Charlotte today, to my surprise, it is processing May 30, 2004, is it REAL or just another mistake?

If it's real, what does that mean? Will my files be transfered back to Charlotte since my notice date is Oct 27, 2003? Or it has to wait until I130 got approved first?

Thanks.

How long did you get receipt?

I submitted my application on 6/22/04. So far, I didn't get any response from INS. Usually, how long did you get notice from INS? I'm family-based GC application.

Can file I485 while I130 is pending ....

....and if you have an immigration visa number .

Just saw the following article in another immigration website and thought it might be relevant to this thread .
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
USCIS on Matching I-130s and I-485s
Posted May 28, 2004

William Yates, Associate Director of Operations at the USCIS, issued a memorandum ("Yates Match Memo"), on April 22, 2004, instructing local USCIS offices on when to request a pending I-130 relative petition from a Service Center. Regulations issued in 2002 provide that a beneficiary of an I-130 petition may file his/her I-485 application while the I-130 petition is pending, as long as a visa number is immediately available. While the I-130 petition and I-485 application may be filed together at a local office, the I-130 petition must be filed at a Service Center if it is filed without the I-485 application. The lone filing is the only option available in family preference cases, when the priority dates are not current. If the I-130 is filed by itself, the I-485 application is still filed at the local USCIS office, even if the I-130 remains pending at the USCIS Service Center.

The Yates Match Memo advises local USCIS offices and the National Benefits Center to request the pending I-130 petition from the Service Center whenever the local District Office receives any I-485 based on that I-130 petition filing. The Service Centers must locate and send the petition to the requesting local District Office via FedEx within 15 days of receiving any such request. The Service Center is not required to adjudicate the case within the 15 days, so most I-130s will likely remain unadjudicated when they arrive at the local offices. A final decision on both forms would then be reached in most cases on the date of the interview at the local USCIS District Office.

In addition, certain benefits that are ancillary to the I-485 application, like those granting employment authorization and advance parole, filed on Forms I-765 and I-131, respectively, may be filed at the local USCIS office or the National Benefits Center. These forms must either accompany the I-485 application filing with attached proof that the I-130 was previously filed, or be filed separately with proof that both the I-485 and I-130 filings are pending.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just an update to our status in Chicago...

Previously posted info...
Chicago District Office to NBC
Mailed I-485 w 130, 131 and 765 on 5/26.
Received a receipt notice from MSC/NBC on 6/10 w ND of 6/9 and RD of 6/1.
Still waiting for Priority Date notification.
Fingerprinting set for 7/24.

New update...
Fingerprinted on 7/24...surprisingly painless at ASC Naperville.
7/30 - 765 & 485 status updated online at bcis.gov, showing resumption of processing after biometrics.
8/4 - 765 status updated online. Received update email saying they have ordered us a new card "after approving your application". Now we're just waiting for the card. Anyone know when we should expect it?

I noticed that my previous posting said we were still waiting for a Priority Date...I've since gotten the impression that we won't need a priority date as this is an I130 spouse-of-USC case. Am I correct in this?

Good luck to all,
Lardbird

I-130 for my mother

I'd like to file for I-130 for my mother who is visiting me (visitor visa). She has a 10 yr. visa which will expire soon & she's rather old and it's a pain anymore to wait in q's to get the visa stamped. Since she visits me every year, I want to process her green card. What's an I-485? Do I have to turn that in also with the I-130? She doesn't plan on working here at all. It's just so that it'll be convenient for her to come and go as per her health. Please advice abt. the I-485.... it's kinda confusing me. What's the timeline for processing just the I-130? Can I ask for asjustment of status while she's on visitor visa? Thanks in advance for any suggestions you may have.

-R

my timeline for the NBC is as follows.

sent in 130/485/765/131 to Boston, then NBC
receipt date 06/15/04
fingerprints 07/01/04
EAD approval 08/05/04

-biff

biffbronson said:

receipt date 06/15/04
fingerprints 07/01/04
EAD approval 08/05/04

-biff

update to timeline...
AP received in mail 8/9/04

i got two copies of the AP. Do I have to surrender one when I come back in the country???

in order to get the most updated info regarding processing dates, go to www.uscis.gov click under processing dates and click on the service center/district office that handles your case. it is updated at the middle of the month like the visa bulletin.

Filed in May 2003

Married: Aug 3, 2002
Filed: May 17, 2003 (New York City)
Receipt Date: September 2003
FP: October 2003
EAD: November 03
AP: December 03
Request for additional information (birth certificate): January 04
Recd additional information by USCIS: February 04

No changes since. I have reproduced the information from the case status online page. Would appreciate any insights...

Wonder how long this is going to take... :rolleyes: :confused:

Here is the information from the 130 application:
Your I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN was received at this office on September 26, 2003. It is taking between 30 and 90 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.

Here is the information from the 485 application:
On February 26, 2004, we received your response to our request for evidence or information. It is taking between 120 and 180 days for us to process this kind of case. However because preliminary processing was complete, the remaining processing time will be less than the maximum stated in this message. You will receive a written decision on this case.

Processing date and InfoPass

Just found out that the Processing Date for I485 in Charlotte NC has been updated and went back for a year-- From May 30 2004 to June 9 2003. What a joke! I wondered if that day is also a "mistake"? :(

Good news for some folks live in certain districts who can apply for InfoPass program. I was wondering if this is only for new applicants or any pending cases can also enjoy the benifit? When will the program be available for all districts?

InfoPass Online Appointment System now available in Newark and Buffalo Districts. Eliminates waiting in line for immigration information.

You can now schedule an InfoPass appointment in these Districts:

• Buffalo District
• Dallas District
• Los Angeles District
• Miami District
• New York City District
• Newark District
• Philadelphia District

rparthas said:
Married: Aug 3, 2002
Filed: May 17, 2003 (New York City)
Receipt Date: September 2003
FP: October 2003
EAD: November 03
AP: December 03
Request for additional information (birth certificate): January 04
Recd additional information by USCIS: February 04

No changes since. I have reproduced the information from the case status online page. Would appreciate any insights...

Wonder how long this is going to take... :rolleyes: :confused:

Here is the information from the 130 application:
Your I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN was received at this office on September 26, 2003. It is taking between 30 and 90 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.

Here is the information from the 485 application:
On February 26, 2004, we received your response to our request for evidence or information. It is taking between 120 and 180 days for us to process this kind of case. However because preliminary processing was complete, the remaining processing time will be less than the maximum stated in this message. You will receive a written decision on this case.

biffbronson said:

receipt date 06/15/04
fingerprints 07/01/04
EAD approval 08/05/04

-biff
That's really amazing!!!

You got finger-prints in 15 days, EAD in 50 days (isn't it normally 90 days for Boston?), and AP in 55 days?... That's really faaaaaast! :)

I guess Boston is flying in colors when it comes to family-based AOS.

I actually had to drive to St. Alban's VT to get the fingerprints that quickly...Boston was booked up till sept. they were great at the 1800 number in trying to get me a quick appointment!

Nbc- I-131/i-485

smart_guy007 said:
folks, I am starting a new thread for people, who have filed I-130/I-485 with MSC/NBC , because they are married to USC. Please post your application/time line/interview experience. Please share for benefit of others who are in same boat.

Thanks

Hi,
I am on OPT (extended F-1) married to a US citizen. We applied for I-485/ AP/EAD on march 4, 2004 and the receipt date was April 15, 2004. From the receipt number it looks like the application went to NBC even though we applied in saint paul, MN. I finished the finger printing on 4/20/04 and though I received the EAD based on F-1 in June (my F-1 has expired in May), I am still waiting for AP. The NBC website shows they are processing I-131 for April 23, 2004- the date has not changed in 1 month. It is now 4 months from my RD- talking to people at the 800 number has not been helpful- they will not start an inquiry unless the website shows that they are processing May 15, 2004. Meanwhile the St. Paul office is actually processing I-131's for July 21, 2004!!!!

so I am not sure what to do now as I want to travel out of the country in Oct. I heard that you can reapply at the local office. If so, does it mean my previous I-131 will be cancelled? How long will the new application take? any ideas? :confused: Thanks

I dont think you can apply for AP at St Paul local office anymore. Even if u submit ur application there personally, it will goto NBC. St paul office only handles emergency cases for AP and iEAD. I wont look at local office processing dates, if my application is pending at NBC. All u can do is wait i guess.

Coreopsis said:
Hi,
I am on OPT (extended F-1) married to a US citizen. We applied for I-485/ AP/EAD on march 4, 2004 and the receipt date was April 15, 2004. From the receipt number it looks like the application went to NBC even though we applied in saint paul, MN. I finished the finger printing on 4/20/04 and though I received the EAD based on F-1 in June (my F-1 has expired in May), I am still waiting for AP. The NBC website shows they are processing I-131 for April 23, 2004- the date has not changed in 1 month. It is now 4 months from my RD- talking to people at the 800 number has not been helpful- they will not start an inquiry unless the website shows that they are processing May 15, 2004. Meanwhile the St. Paul office is actually processing I-131's for July 21, 2004!!!!

so I am not sure what to do now as I want to travel out of the country in Oct. I heard that you can reapply at the local office. If so, does it mean my previous I-131 will be cancelled? How long will the new application take? any ideas? :confused: Thanks

Not sure about processing times but...

Hi,
I was F1but married a US Citizen in June. My Practical Training Visa expired July 27 2004.

I filed I-130, I-485, I-765 and I-102 (to replace I-94 - they didn't give me one last time I entered, I was a student and the immigration guy said I didn't need a I-94 from Canada, but he stamped my passport and wrote in the I-20 number as an A/D number - he was clueless)

All forms received July 20 '04. I-102 accepted.
I-130, I-485 and I-765 were rejected because a money order from Commerce Bank was deemed unacceptable form of payment. Refiled with Cashier's Cheque, accepted July 30 '04. Fingerprints Aug 12.

I filed all forms at New York, had to mail new money orders to Chicago, and my receipt numbers start with MSC, so I think I look at NBC. Is that right?
I checked https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/NBCprocesstimes.jsp?
but they don't list all my forms. If I look up Vermont SC (which I thought was my SC) the result is a little less grim

I-130 letter says 30-90 days, website says processing Nov 1 2001(wrong?)
I-485 letter says 120-180, website says nothing
I-765 letter says 30-90, website says processing Feb 05 2004 !?!?! (really?)

At this point I am most worried about my I-765 so I can start working again. I am also thinking of filing a I-131 so that I can go back to Vancouver for mom having operation/brother's graduation/Grandma visiting from australia (and meeting my husband for the first time) in early November. Will that be reason enough to get permission? Will it even get processed by Nov?

Thanks
:confused:

Application through Hartford, CT to MSC

Application I-485, I-130, I-131, I-765

RD: July 28, 04
ND: August 3, 04
Finger print and Biometrics: August 14, 04
Finger Print Reviewed: August 19, 04
From then -------- Waiting.

Does anybody know how long I have to wait for EAD and AP? Is NBC priority date real which is on the bcis.gov?

Good luck to everybody.

Dip

breewell said:
Hi,
I was F1but married a US Citizen in June. My Practical Training Visa expired July 27 2004.

I filed I-130, I-485, I-765 and I-102 (to replace I-94 - they didn't give me one last time I entered, I was a student and the immigration guy said I didn't need a I-94 from Canada, but he stamped my passport and wrote in the I-20 number as an A/D number - he was clueless)

All forms received July 20 '04. I-102 accepted.
I-130, I-485 and I-765 were rejected because a money order from Commerce Bank was deemed unacceptable form of payment. Refiled with Cashier's Cheque, accepted July 30 '04. Fingerprints Aug 12.

I filed all forms at New York, had to mail new money orders to Chicago, and my receipt numbers start with MSC, so I think I look at NBC. Is that right?
I checked https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/NBCprocesstimes.jsp?
but they don't list all my forms. If I look up Vermont SC (which I thought was my SC) the result is a little less grim

I-130 letter says 30-90 days, website says processing Nov 1 2001(wrong?)
I-485 letter says 120-180, website says nothing
I-765 letter says 30-90, website says processing Feb 05 2004 !?!?! (really?)

At this point I am most worried about my I-765 so I can start working again. I am also thinking of filing a I-131 so that I can go back to Vancouver for mom having operation/brother's graduation/Grandma visiting from australia (and meeting my husband for the first time) in early November. Will that be reason enough to get permission? Will it even get processed by Nov?

Thanks
:confused:

You have to see NBC priority date. But that are not correct. So you can get your EAD anytime. You should follow the forum. Somebody got their EAD within 7 business days after finger print and biometrics.

All the best.

Dip