Family Based Green Card - Stuck in Name Check

EricNeesGC

Registered Users (C)
I am starting a new thread for people who applied for family based green card and their approval is stuck because of the name check. Please post your time line. Also, to pin point the source of delay, please make sure you meet the following guideline:

AOS Interview completed but approval is pending FBI Name Check
You had been waiting for over 120 days since Name Check inquiry was submitted.

Please note that the only way for you to find out when your Name Check was submitted is to receive a reply email from FBI for an inquiry initiated by you. However, the date will be within a week of your FP received noticed on your case status.

The sole purpose of this thread is to find the source of the problem. I Want to find out if the delay is for people in particular age group or country. There are some fields that you may not want to answer. You can leave those fields empty if you want.

There is another thread asking for similar information but thats for Employment based AOS. This one is for Family based AOS only.

Thanks

Eric

Name................Age....NC Submitted.......Place of Birth..........Date NC Cleared
EricNeesGc.............29......12/7/2004...........Karachi, Pakistan.....Waiting

Last edited by a moderator:
Do

have u sent an email to fbi yet if u did when, they take about five months to answer, what state u r in and ur timeline plz, i'm in illinois waiting for an interview or approval letter, app sumbitted back in february '05, family based.

Updating the list...

Name................Age....NC Submitted.......Place of Birth..........Date NC Cleared
EricNeesGc.............29......12/7/2004...........Karachi, Pakistan.....Waiting
SJiwani..................32.......2/05..................Karachi, Pakistan.....Waiting

EricNeesGC said:
Updating the list...

SJiwani..................32.......2/05..................Karachi, Pakistan.....Waiting
Not a lot of people are posting their timeline here. Lets change the criteria to include people who have names cleard in FBI name check. How long did it take.

Please post your experience...

Thanks

Eric

How can one find out if name check has been submitted or not? Is there a number to call. Who do I call FBI or INS...? And if possible what's the number
thank you

zoomz00m said:
How can one find out if name check has been submitted or not? Is there a number to call. Who do I call FBI or INS...? And if possible what's the number
thank you
zoomz00m,

The only way for you to find out when your Name Check was submitted is to receive a reply email from FBI for an inquiry initiated by you. However, the date should be within a week of your FP received noticed on your case status.

You can call FBI at 304-6255-5590. This number is for Fingerprinting. You will get to talk to a live person who will ask for your A# and tell you if the FP was received and processed.

Once FP is processed, it goes to FBI. That is an approximate date of NC submission.

For name check inquiry, you can call 202-324-2399. This is an automated machine which will tell you how to submit your name check inquiry.

Please post your dates so I can update the list.

Thanks

Updating the list...

SJiwani..................32.......2/2005...............Karachi, Pakistan.....Waiting
april_qi..................35.......4/2002...............China.....................Waiting

N400 applicant said:
age 28,
birth India

other details in signature

Are you sure, you turned your application on March this year? Then you know you are in FBI name check? huh?

what is DORA

everybody is talking about DORA, what is it?

my timeline: filing 3/05, fp 06/05, interview 07/05

This thread is for people stuck in Name Check to get their GC.

DORA is a Dallas pilot program where you can get your GC in 90 days, you have to be a resident in the area (Dallas) plus other factors. You can get more info about it at USCIS.gov

Good luck,

Thanks. but i live in LA. The interview was fast, kind of surprising to me it was only a little over three months after the filing. but like everyone else here, i was told it "would be approved when we receive the result back from FBI." well, guess just need to keep renewing my AP and EAD. One of my friends got GC one and half year after IP pending.

I am not sure, but apparently from what I have been searching it has something to do with some countries of origin?

Good luck,

how do you know the delay of GC is due to name check?

Hello, I had GC interview about 2 weeks ago, so far hear no results. I am not sure when will I figure out whether this wait is due to normal process or because of delay in name check.
During the interview, the officer did not mention anything about name check though.
He said I should get my card in two weeks, but nothing happened.

How did you guys know your case is under name check? a mail from USCIS? if yes, how long dose it for this letter to get to you? OR did you know you are under name check when you go for a infopass appointment?

Thank you!