Family Based GC - Questions on Forms & General

suomynona

Registered Users (C)
I have some questions in general and some specific to some forms. This might be a long thread, please do answer whichever ones you know.

General Questions:

1. Given Name / First Name / Middle Name:

In the passport let's say my name is
Surname: Tendulkar
Given Name: Sachin Ramesh

In most of the GC forms, the pattern is Last Name, First Name, Middle name --> So in the above e.g. will this become Tendulkar, Sachin, Ramesh with 'Ramesh' being the middle name?

There are places in the GC forms where they ask Last Name and Given name, in which case it will be Tendulkar, Sachin Ramesh.

2. In some forms A-# is asked?

The scenarios is Sister (US Citizen) is sponsoring parents (on visitor Visa to US). I know that on my GC I have an A# but don't know if Citizens have A# and if Visitors have one too?

Questions on Form I-131:

1. This form asks for 'Date of Intended Departure' Part 3-1.

If I put in a date there, do my parents need to go at that date or could they go at earlier or later date?

2. The very next questions is 'Expected Length of Trip' Part 3-2.

Is there an ideal value? Would six months be little or just much?

3. Part 7 says - 'On a separate sheet of paper please explain how you qualify for an advance parole document and what circumstances warrant issuance of advance parole. Include copies of any documents you wish considered

I checked the instructions but didn't really find much help there. Hence the question here.

4. In Part 7-1, the form gives two choices 'For how many trips do you intend to use this document?'
- One trip
- More than one Trip

For how many trips is the I-131 valid? Is there any risk in re-entry if one goes out on the I-131?

Form I-130:

1. Is the I-130 to filed for father and mother separately or together?

2. Part C-17 asks to list husband/wife/children of the Alien relative. Now my sister is the petitioner and my father is the beneficiary. So in the C-17, should the petitioner also be listed?

3. One documentary evidence required is copy of the passport of the petitioner. Are only printed pages to be provided or all pages is fine?

There are some other questions on some other forms, Will add those to this post in a little while.

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Last edited by a moderator:
1. Name

Yes, everything you wrote about the name is correct.

2. A#

No, US citizens and visitors on a B2 visa don't have A-numbers.

3. I-131

Sorry, I know nothing about that form.

4. I-130

4.1. You need a separate form for each parent.

4.2. You need to list ALL spouses and children, regardless of their U.S. citizenship status. So, yes, the petitioner should be listed.

4.3. Copy of the page with the picture and bio information should suffice.

Good luck! :)