failing the N-400

gc_watcher

Registered Users (C)
If a GC holder fails the naturalization process, due to changing employers within the stipulate time ( 6 mo - 1 yr), does that person get deported or can she continue to live on as a perm resident?
Also is there anybody on this forum who has succesfully become a citizen inspite of having changed employers as soon as they got their GC??

thanks,

No problems even if u change ur employer

Hi GC_SEEKER

There is no problems for ur naturalizsation even if u change jobs within 6 months. If u go by this 6 month to 1 year (non) logic, please send an email to ur employer asking for hughe raise in ur salary or behave rudely or ask for a promotion for which their answer is a sure NO and then resign and state that reason for ur moving out of that job when u apply for naturalization. :D

Two of my friends never worked for their sponsored company. After GC, they started their own company.

They got their Citizenship without any issues.

I wonder any one's Citizenship got screwed up due to this 6 months to one year job issues. :confused:

exactly right

Fort_user is exactly right. When USCIS allows people to use AC21 to change jobs when in I485 stage what prevents people from changing jobs after u got ur green card. :)

gc_watcher said:
If a GC holder fails the naturalization process, due to changing employers within the stipulate time ( 6 mo - 1 yr),

Have you heard from anybody gone thru such experience?? I haven't and nobody on this forum have first hand knowledge of such cases... So don't worry.

Your speculation has same probablity as Nasa finding life on moon/mars. :D :D .So take it easy and go on with life.

if there is really no problem .. how come this topic always comes up before someone switches jobs ? Is is FUD ?? Anybody know someone who got in trouble because they dint follow the 6 month rule??

gc_watcher said:
if there is really no problem .. how come this topic always comes up before someone switches jobs ?

Because people like you keep asking without trying to resolve the matter in your own mind. For example, your following question.

gc_watcher said:
Anybody know someone who got in trouble because they dint follow the 6 month rule??