Failed to attend biometrics - am I screwed?..

vp123

Registered Users (C)
Failed to attend biometrics - am I in a deep trouble?..

Guys,

Today I suddenly realized that I missed my fingerprints appointment. Such a stupid mistake after so many years of waiting! Now the form says that in this case the application will be considered as abandoned. Tomorrow morning I'm gonna run to their office as soon as I can and try to fix the problem, but I'm positively facing a sleepless night. Has anyone been in such situation? Do I have a chance to reschedule?

Last edited by a moderator:
No need to reschedule

No need to reschedule. The appointment is valid for 90 days from the actual appointment date. Just go to the ASC as soon as possible and try your luck. If they can't do it, they will tell you what days you can stop by (Wednesday or Saturday or whatever is relevant to the ASC over there).

Thank you, guys.

Yes, I went into ASC early in the morning next day, they were busy having a lot of people and suggested to appear in the office next day afternoon. That's what I did yesterday, and fingerprints were taken without problems. What a relief!

Guys,
Looks like FP is valid 90 days from "FP date on first FP notice"?

Does this mean you can go to FP anytime in these 90 days,miss your first appointment,not inform USCIS and 485 wont be impacted?
Say I am planning a trip to India from 10/01 to 10/31,I didnt get FP notice yet-but I get the FP date for 10/2-I may be in India then and not know.

So,I can come back and walk in to the office -as long as I am within 90 days starting 10/02-is that right and re-schedule is required only if I cannot make it even in 90 days?

thanks
everonh1

It is not a good idea, at all! If you can't make it, just call and reschedule. Do not miss the appointment. You may get lucky, but you never know. There is no official words on the 90-day window or grace period, and USCIS doesn't have to honor it.

Guys,
Looks like FP is valid 90 days from "FP date on first FP notice"?

Does this mean you can go to FP anytime in these 90 days,miss your first appointment,not inform USCIS and 485 wont be impacted?
Say I am planning a trip to India from 10/01 to 10/31,I didnt get FP notice yet-but I get the FP date for 10/2-I may be in India then and not know.

So,I can come back and walk in to the office -as long as I am within 90 days starting 10/02-is that right and re-schedule is required only if I cannot make it even in 90 days?

thanks
everonh1

ASC Appointment Notice Biometrics !

All.

Today 9/6/2007 I got ASC Appointment letter from NSC USCIS related to I485 for biometrics on the 9/18/2007.

What do they usually ask there? What does CODE 3 mean? And how long does the process take, once you go to the office?

Thanks
kalkaraj

ASC Appointment Notice Biometrics !

All.

Today 9/6/2007 I got ASC Appointment letter from NSC USCIS related to I485 for biometrics on the 9/18/2007.

What do they usually ask there? What documents do I need to take with me? What does CODE 3 mean? And how long does the process take, once you go to the office?

Thanks
kalkaraj

Hi kalkaraj,

Biometrics is just when they take your fingerprints. It is required for all Immigrant Petitions, it is no big deal. Just follow the instructions on the notice and you will be fine. They wont even ask you anything of importance.

Hope this helps,

Justin

FP LUD question

Went for FP today for my wife and I. I see an LUD against my case and nothing so far against my wife's. The same Officer took the finger prints for both of us one after the other.

Is it normal to not see LUD for some time after FP? Any ideas? Should my wife call IO if she does not see an LUD by next week?

Today the 9/18/2007 I had my Biometrics (Fingerprint) taken. The whole process took less then 10 minutes. Went in (Lady) gave one form to fill out, then took all 10 fingerprints. I had showed them my passport. No questions asked.

Hope the info helps.

Wanted to know how do we find results of fingerprint??

Thanks
Kalkaraj