facial feature change in passport photo

veenix

Registered Users (C)
hi!

a friend of mine recently went through a minor operation, which changed one of her facial features. she has applied for a new passport with her new photograph. since it does not have her h1b visa stamp and she is planning to go to india in dec, does she need her new passport stamped with her h1b visa? her visa expires only in nov of 2005. she has been receiving conflicting information about what to do.

please advise.

thanks.
vr

veenix said:
hi!

a friend of mine recently went through a minor operation, which changed one of her facial features. she has applied for a new passport with her new photograph. since it does not have her h1b visa stamp and she is planning to go to india in dec, does she need her new passport stamped with her h1b visa? her visa expires only in nov of 2005. she has been receiving conflicting information about what to do.

please advise.

thanks.
vr
----- She can keep both the passport stapled in future and show both the passports at POE. she will have earlier passport with cancelled stamp but Visa stamp is still valid. On both the passports She same name , DOB. to be safe she can also got the letter from Indian Embassy or Indian conslate that new passport she got is becase of her change in appearence.
I know a Sikh friend who had beard and turban in past passport and got clean shaved and got new passport with new Photo. he had this kind of letter from Consulate for change in appearence and did not face any problem, post what others are saying to you.