F4 interview wait-time at mumbai embassy

Extra2611

So ,my f4 is current in april 2021 visa bulletine.
and we are also document qualified since nov 2020.
I get that there is backlog due to covid
But what is realisity timeframe when our interview would be scheduled at mumbai consulate

I am covered under cspa when the PD becomes current with more than 7-10 months spare.i have finished ds260 and fees have been paid for me and my parents. Do i need to do amything else to make sure that i am covered under cspa. Or thats it

Side question i am on f1 opt my ds260 was filled before i applied for my f1 visa. Since i now hold f1 visa do i need to do anything else?

You are fine regarding cspa, timely submission of DS260 was sufficient.

probably still many months to interview, the backlog is not just COVID but also due to the Trump ban, so between Covid and the ban no interviews for F family based categories happened since March last year. Everyone who DQ’d from around then is in line in front of you. Website says they are still currently dealing with rescheduling appointments that were cancelled in spring last year and are not yet scheduling new appointments.
Are you going to fly home to interview with your family?

You are fine regarding cspa, timely submission of DS260 was sufficient.

probably still many months to interview, the backlog is not just COVID but also due to the Trump ban, so between Covid and the ban no interviews for F family based categories happened since March last year. Everyone who DQ’d from around then is in line in front of you. Website says they are still currently dealing with rescheduling appointments that were cancelled in spring last year and are not yet scheduling new appointments.
Are you going to fly home to interview with your family?
Yes i will join my family in india for the interview,but realistically can i hope to be interviewed this year.

Also no matter how much the interview will be delayed now i will covered and will get a green card even if the interview is after 1.5 year right?

Does document qualified date matter if you were document qualifed before it became current.i am sure i would be interviewed before people who's priority date is after me . We took almost 1.4 years to finish all documents (hoping this does not affect us badly)
Filling date was current almost in jun 2019
Document qualified date nov 2020
Pd current april 2021

Also i appricate you taking time to rply.

Last edited:
I don’t think anyone can say for sure, but I would consider it unlikely for you to be interviewed this year.

As long as the DS260 is submitted by one year after a visa is available, your CSPA age is locked. Yours was obviously done well before that date. So even if it takes longer than a year to interview, or even if priority dates retrogress, you will still be protected under CSPA.

FYI most people are DQ before the priority date is current, that’s how they normally process the applications.

This is more /one of my being paranoid questions

Being document qualified means ,we all have filled ds-260 also right?

Ok,sorry for asking this so late
Since i have been in usa for more than a year after the age of 16.
Along with new pcc(police clearance certificate) from india i might need one from usa right?
For USA pcc go i just go to my local station and request for one will that work.Or do i have to get one by fbi; something i am not sure on that front.

Also you didnt answer my dq date affecting my interview scheduled date.
Are interviews scheduled based on dq date or priority.
Thank you much appricated

Ok,sorry for asking this so late
Since i have been in usa for more than a year after the age of 16.
Along with new pcc(police clearance certificate) from india i might need one from usa right?
For USA pcc go i just go to my local station and request for one will that work.Or do i have to get one by fbi; something i am not sure on that front.

Also you didnt answer my dq date affecting my interview scheduled date.
Are interviews scheduled based on dq date or priority.
Thank you much appricated
No the instructions for civil documents are clear that you don’t need US police certificates.

I can’t find the official source now but I believe NVC adds you to the scheduling line in DQ order, then interviews actually scheduled when PD current, not sure how the ban/Covid affects this when PDs have been getting current but no interviews scheduled for the past year.

Okay,very important question

The person who sposered us ,submmited all w2 and 1099 they met the standers and requirements to be eligible for visa . We got qualifed for visa
Due to covid new incomes tax returns do not meet those requirements (we do not have to submit anything) but i think we had to carry this document at the time of interview in such a case what should we do?
We can go will pre filled affidavit of support from some else and their w2 and 1099 and everything.
Or
Its okay we will be asked only about the documents we have already submitted and they wont care about the new ones

So ,my f4 is current in april 2021 visa bulletine.
and we are also document qualified since nov 2020.
I get that there is backlog due to covid
But what is realisity timeframe when our interview would be scheduled at mumbai consulate

I am covered under cspa when the PD becomes current with more than 7-10 months spare.i have finished ds260 and fees have been paid for me and my parents. Do i need to do amything else to make sure that i am covered under cspa. Or thats it

Side question i am on f1 opt my ds260 was filled before i applied for my f1 visa. Since i now hold f1 visa do i need to do anything else?
Hi, My case is same like yours
my PD: june 2005, it become current on July 2021, just 7-8 months before I age out
Lets connect on Whats*app

Reactions: hk1
I don’t think anyone can say for sure, but I would consider it unlikely for you to be interviewed this year.

As long as the DS260 is submitted by one year after a visa is available, your CSPA age is locked. Yours was obviously done well before that date. So even if it takes longer than a year to interview, or even if priority dates retrogress, you will still be protected under CSPA.

FYI most people are DQ before the priority date is current, that’s how they normally process the applications.
Hi Susie, this is interesting. What do you mean by CSPA age is "locked"? Say if a K2 was filed and aged out already, can that also be locked? What would be the time frame?

Hi Susie, this is interesting. What do you mean by CSPA age is "locked"? Say if a K2 was filed and aged out already, can that also be locked? What would be the time frame?
No, K2 is not protected from aging out by CSPA. K2 must enter the US before turning 21.
(I’m a little confused as to how K2 applies to your particular case given past discussions tbh)

Oh, sorry, I thought in the past discussions I mentioned about the K1 application that is current but delayed at CP due to COVID at present. We also have a K2 along with it, but aged out in both scenario. Thank you for the answer. This is amazing, I am learning various facts about these different stuff. Well, We have a K1/K2 pending (half the process is through now) and was selected to DV 2022 too.

Oh, sorry, I thought in the past discussions I mentioned about the K1 application that is current but delayed at CP due to COVID at present. We also have a K2 along with it, but aged out in both scenario. Thank you for the answer. This is amazing, I am learning various facts about these different stuff. Well, We have a K1/K2 pending (half the process is through now) and was selected to DV 2022 too.
Unsolicited opinion: if it’s possible to get a green card through DV for you that is very much preferable to adjusting status after K1 for a number of reasons, most importantly that you get an unconditional green card and that you get it much faster (it is also a simpler and cheaper process).

Thank you for the opinion. Yes, I guess so. Pl tell me how long the K 1 could be delayed once it is at CP status?

Thank you for the opinion. Yes, I guess so. Pl tell me how long the K 1 could be delayed once it is at CP status?
Do you mean delayed by uscis/consulate or purposeful delay by you?

You do know that if you enter on K1 you can only adjust through marriage, not DV, right?

I know. My Fiance is in the US and K1 in the CP now. I mean delayed by self. I also know DV is direct and brings more independence. So whatever the opinions are valuable, so that I can have a broader view. Thank you.