F4 Category- Adding new member of the family in the case.

aryalsaroj

My wife applied for her sister in 11/2008 and her case got approved in somewhere in 2010.
At that time she was single. Now, she is married and have a Child. She also have a step son whose mother passed away. Her husband previous wife was passed away before she got married. Since she is from Nepal, currently the Priority date is OCT 2006 and expecting the priority date will be current in 2 years or so. Hence, we would like to add her husband and his both her children to the case including the step son.
Please advise, what document to be submitted for all 3 of them- Husband, son and step son?

The requirements for the F-4 visa include eligibility conditions for both the siblings of the U.S citizen who are living in a foreign country, but also for the U.S citizen who wants to reunite with them. However, the only requirement for the F-4 visa is that you have a sibling in the U.S who is a U.S citizen. You can be married and have children and they would qualify for the F-4 visa too, but it is not a requirement.

As for the U.S citizen who wants to bring their siblings in the U.S permanently, you must fulfill these conditions:
1. You must be a U.S citizen
2. You must be at least 21 years old
3. You must have siblings in a foreign country and prove it through birth certificates or adoption documents
4. You must be living in the U.S and have a valid U.S address.

Your documents file must contain all the necessary documentation which supports your case. You must convince the NVC and U.S Embassy or Consulate that you and your family fulfill all the requirements and are eligible to get the F4 visa. The file must contain the following:

1. Your valid passports for more than 6 months after your planned entry into the U.S (your passport, your spouse’s, and minor children’s if applicable)
2. A signed Form I-864, Affidavit of Support from the U.S petitioner
3. Form DS-260 confirmation page
4. Medical examination and vaccination documents
5. Two photographs per individual according to the Photo Requirements for an American Visa
6. Your valid marriage certificate to prove your marriage
7. Birth certificates or adoption documents of your children
8. Court and criminal records and/or police certificate
9. If you have been previously married, you must bring divorce or certificates of death to prove the marriage was officially terminated

The requirements for the F-4 visa include eligibility conditions for both the siblings of the U.S citizen who are living in a foreign country, but also for the U.S citizen who wants to reunite with them. However, the only requirement for the F-4 visa is that you have a sibling in the U.S who is a U.S citizen. You can be married and have children and they would qualify for the F-4 visa too, but it is not a requirement.

As for the U.S citizen who wants to bring their siblings in the U.S permanently, you must fulfill these conditions:
1. You must be a U.S citizen
2. You must be at least 21 years old
3. You must have siblings in a foreign country and prove it through birth certificates or adoption documents
4. You must be living in the U.S and have a valid U.S address.

Your documents file must contain all the necessary documentation which supports your case. You must convince the NVC and U.S Embassy or Consulate that you and your family fulfill all the requirements and are eligible to get the F4 visa. The file must contain the following:

1. Your valid passports for more than 6 months after your planned entry into the U.S (your passport, your spouse’s, and minor children’s if applicable)
2. A signed Form I-864, Affidavit of Support from the U.S petitioner
3. Form DS-260 confirmation page
4. Medical examination and vaccination documents
5. Two photographs per individual according to the Photo Requirements for an American Visa
6. Your valid marriage certificate to prove your marriage
7. Birth certificates or adoption documents of your children
8. Court and criminal records and/or police certificate
9. If you have been previously married, you must bring divorce or certificates of death to prove the marriage was officially terminated
Thank you for your response John, But my question is: when my wife applied for her sister, she was single, now she is married with the guy who's previous wife is died and he has a son. And also my sister-in-law has newly born son. In this case, what document should we send to NVC to have her Step Son, Husband and her son can migrate together, Specially for the Step Son- his mother is passed away before my sister-in-law got married to his father. Please advise.