F4 brother sister Category priority date sep15 2009

Azeem 12

Hi I wanted check my priority date is September 15, 2009 and my date of birth is June15, 2002 will I be able to qualify to migrate to U.S with my family. I live in Canada but by birth is from India. I am in F4 brother sister category. What will be my cut of date since I need to be less than 21 yrs of age and I am worried. Please let me know. Thanks

You will need to know the approval date of the petition as well as the priority date in order to calculate it. Can you get that from the petitioner?

Hi approval date is june7 2010
Ok CSPA subtracts the pending time (between PD and approval) from your actual age to give you a CSPA age. If you are under 21 on that adjusted age when a visa becomes available for you then you will be eligible. Another way to work it out is to add that pending time to your age to see the latest possible date you are eligible for a visa.
So, that only gives you about 9 months protection (8 months 24 days to be exact), in other words you need to have the priority date become current before you are 21 years 9 months in actual age - approx March 2024 (you can work out the exact date by adding 8 months 23 days to your 21st birthday).