F2B category got cancelled

jmo

My mom, who became permanent resident of the US in 1997, filed my petition in SEPT 1997, I got married in 2000 and ignored informing NVC of my marital status until just recently. They responded to me saying that they will have to cancel my petition since my mom is not a US citizen yet at this point. Only way for me to pursue on is if my mom gets her citizenship. Also, i have a brother who became a US citizen in 2007. Would there be a way of re-activating that petition to another category? and avoid starting back from scratch. just an added info, i am currently a perm res of canada. Need your advise on this pls.

Your mother can sponsor you under F3 and your brother can sponsor you under F4. You might be able to use the original priority date for your new F3 I-130.
BTW, you posted under F visas sub-forum, which is a non-immigrant visa category for students!

Only way for me to pursue on is if my mom gets her citizenship. Also, i have a brother who became a US citizen in 2007. Would there be a way of re-activating that petition to another category? and avoid starting back from scratch.