F2A Timeline

c0de

Registered Users (C)
Greetings,
My Priority Date became current in May's Visa Bulletin, I guess now i have to await the I-864 and DS-3032 which will be provided to my mom. but I need to know how much time is needed for that roughly, and for that i would like all you F2As out there to provide your timelines, so that i can have a rough estimate.
please give me your comments in case i got something wrong, or if you know a way to speed things up a bit.

Your help is appreciated

Just wondering, If you Priority date is current you dont need to wait for I-864 or DS-3032, this part should have been already taken care of by NVC before priority dates gets current and they complete the case, only after that you get the Interview. When was your I-130 filed ?

My timeline:
I-130 filed - May 31st 2002
Priority Date - May 30 2002
Case Approved - April 2004
DS-3032 - June 2005
IV fees Paid - Sep 2005
I-864 Submitted with JS - Nov 2005
Case Completed by NVC - Dec 2005.

Since almost 1 year 10 months waiting for my interview, dates are not moving for F2A.. 2 months to go for my PD since last 1 and half year.. God knows whats going on with F2A. I hope i get my dates in 2007 quota.

NVC has not forwarded me the I-864 nor the DS-3032, i have a PD of April 4 2002. but still i ain't current just yet, i'll be current on May 1, you think they'll send me the two forms before that ? and if they didn't send the forms, what can I do ?!

c0de,

If you are in US and your proirty date is current just go ahead and file for 485 make sure to put copy of approved I130 mail you should be all set.

well, i am not in the US, the forms that have to be filled from my side are necessary for me to get an Immigrant Visa.
Does anyone know how much time is needed for that ?

c0de,

here how it works then if you are not in US they do mention that if somebody is in US then it will be much eaiser for them(USCIS) to communicate so your mom should get affidavite of suuport papers withing 3 weeks of your 130 approvall mail comeing in to you so

this is how it happened for me were being in US I mentioned that I am not so they sent some papers to india and some to my wife. that is affidavit of support once she sent in appication and 70$ fees they snet me some more forms it slow process the whole thing from 130 approval(assuming that your 130 will be approved only when your PD is current) then it wiil take you atleast 1 year to get visa and come over here to live.

i hope this helps you.

thank you ravibudp, you have been very helpful.
I can't believe it takes so much time, after waiting so long to be current !

C0de,

One more quick thing if your 130 is not yet apprpved then follow up with INS to get it approved is your PD is current else it will be delayed some more time.

Good Luck.

well i got the notice of action since december 2005, so i guess i'm settled, hope they pick up the pace on the rest !