F2A category,how long it takes to the interview? Who is on the same boat as me?

Michelle@20

Registered Users (C)
I'm F2A category all documents required sent Affidavit of Support sent on 31 August 2013, my PD current since July and still current. When can they send me the interview date? I'm outside of US and my husband is in US and he is a green card holder.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can contact the USCIS to get the status of your application. Your application may be in administrative processing.You can check the F2A Visa availability here. If you can check with the USCIS & if needed you can produce few documents to get the procession quicker.

Disclaimer: The information provided is of a general nature and is not intended to be construed as legal advice or creating an attorney-client relationship with Law Firm.

I'm F2A category all documents required sent Affidavit of Support sent on 31 August 2013, my PD current since July and still current. When can they send me the interview date? I'm outside of US and my husband is in US and he is a green card holder.

Should I ask USCIS or NVC? we send the Affidavit of Support form to NVC. I have heard from other people that it may take 1 to 3 months

Last edited by a moderator:
Should I ask USCIS or NVC? we send the Affidavit of Support form to NVC. I have heard from other people that it may take 1 to 3 months

Yes, 1 to 3 months is a reasonable expectation if your PD remains current during those 1 to 3 months. It's been less than a month since August 31; way too early to get concerned.

NVC send a e-mail to us and unfortunately my husband made some mistakes and he should fill again the affidavit of support form.
I should send the DS-260 that replaces the DS-230 which i sent on July. It looks too complicated now..