F2 to H1B Conversions, Questions!!!

Amar Rajadhyax

I entered this country on a F2 visa in April 2003. I converted to a H1B in May 2004. I plan to travel to India and get a H1B visa stamped on my passport. when my company's india office got in touch with a US consular officer , she was told that I wasn't allowed to begin work on a H1 in the US without getting a new visa stamped on my passport. I find this information confusing and ridiculous as I have a social security number now, have filed my tax returns a month back and have never been questioned about my status. Could you please throw some light on what the facts are and also what are my chances of getting a H1B visa stamped on my passport. My appointment is scheduled to be made in the Delhi consulate. Please HELP!!!! :confused:

Amar Rajadhyax said:
I entered this country on a F2 visa in April 2003. I converted to a H1B in May 2004. I plan to travel to India and get a H1B visa stamped on my passport. when my company's india office got in touch with a US consular officer , she was told that I wasn't allowed to begin work on a H1 in the US without getting a new visa stamped on my passport. I find this information confusing and ridiculous as I have a social security number now, have filed my tax returns a month back and have never been questioned about my status. Could you please throw some light on what the facts are and also what are my chances of getting a H1B visa stamped on my passport. My appointment is scheduled to be made in the Delhi consulate. Please HELP!!!! :confused:
Is F2, I 94 is valid for duration or for a specific date.

Did you get H1 approval along with I 94 portion at the bottom.? If no, you cannot work until you get your visa stamped in your pp and get your new I 94 while enterering US.