F2 rejected. Right reasons?

K.Spring

F1 rejected. Right reasons?

Hello, I'd like to ask a few questions regarding the reasons for which a student visa is refused.
My friend applied for a student visa and was rejected on account of:
1) the qualifications she'll receive at the end of the course will not be valid in her home country

2) the clearance officer is not satisfied with her applying for more than just English course

3) the clearance officer is not satisfied with her applying for this particular college

Now, I have done my own little research and found a flaw for each reason the clearance officer gave.
For 1) I found that there's a legal government body that deals with foreign qualifications who analyze and evaluate them before they are recognized in the country. Therefore the qualification can have it's equal worth as it does in the country it was originally issued. So is the clearance officer in the right legal position to make such decision?

For 2) I haven't found much on this one but I wouldn't think there'd be a problem with applying for more than one course, is there?

And for 3) the college which she applied for is a legal governing higher education institute, so what's not appropriate?

Personally, I just think that the clearance officer doesn't know how to do his job properly but I would also like to hear from anyone of you who knows anything.

Many thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello, I'd like to ask a few questions regarding the reasons for which a student visa is refused.
My friend applied for a student visa and was rejected on account of:
1) the qualifications she'll receive at the end of the course will not be valid in her home country

2) the clearance officer is not satisfied with her applying for more than just English course

3) the clearance officer is not satisfied with her applying for this particular college

Now, I have done my own little research and found a flaw for each reason the clearance officer gave.
For 1) I found that there's a legal government body that deals with foreign qualifications who analyze and evaluate them before they are recognized in the country. Therefore the qualification can have it's equal worth as it does in the country it was originally issued. So is the clearance officer in the right legal position to make such decision?

For 2) I haven't found much on this one but I wouldn't think there'd be a problem with applying for more than one course, is there?

And for 3) the college which she applied for is a legal governing higher education institute, so what's not appropriate?

Personally, I just think that the clearance officer doesn't know how to do his job properly but I would also like to hear from anyone of you who knows anything.

Many thanks

K. Spring,
The consulate officer has the right to deny a visa and most times, a reason for the denial is never know. The 3 stuff u have written up there isn't the reason your friend didn't get the visa. I'll tell ya point blank, the embassy did not want to give her/him a visa. All ur friend need to do is reapply and keep trying.Anticipate a visa denial even before the interview at a U.S embassy so that u don't feel bad afterwards.Thats just the it works.
No matter what happens thou, am a great fan of the United States.

I applied for F1 visa last week. The officer sat down with me and explained to me that they are obliged to observe 3 qualities in the person they find eligible to be granted the visa...
1) Travel history ( meaning you have been at least two few counties on a visiting type of visa)
2 & 3) Strong social and economic ties with your country

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the reply, johnkent and yasmin78, I'll take in the points you both have made.

Although reapplying is a considered option, having read what I've stated (which are the reasons given to her) should she go for the appeal or just reapply?
What are the chances of success for either?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

You can always appeal for the denial. However, what if u get the similar response again.

Therefore, as Johnkent said, be preprared for the other side (refusal) too when you go to apply for the visa.

No matter what if they deny, its denial. Wouldnt recommend appealing or exercising any other alternatives but to RE-APPLY.

mukeshinmd
rahasiam.com