F1 Visa Rejection

Aanchi88

Asking for a friend:-

F1 Visa Refuse -214(b)
Course Applied - Masters in Computer Science (Cyber Security)
Questions Asked
Q Which course are you going for ?
Ans- I am going for master of science in com science specialization in Cybersecurity.
Q Why cyber security?
Ans - Through out my journey as a web designer I came across the critical importance of cyber security.
Q What are the cyber threats face by india ?
Ans -Phishing
Password Attacks
Q Who is sponsoring your education?
Ans I m self sponsoring (couldn’t finish the answer and was asked another one) Self sponsor + a friend a sponsoring.
Q When did your graduation complete?
Ans In 2020
Q What did you do after that ?
Ans - I have a work experience at web style club company as a web designer
Q How many years you worked ?
Ans two years
Q What were your roles and responsibilities?
Ans create a website in html and in word press
Q Why did you leave your job?
Ans I want to pursue master degree and upgrade my skills

Was told there are more cyber security courses in India than US and visa is rejected and did hand over the attached document.

Attachments

• 46789108-d24f-4470-885b-d1c0a4c6eb4a.jpeg
    46789108-d24f-4470-885b-d1c0a4c6eb4a.jpeg
    272.2 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Is “your friend” truly interested in studying cybersecurity or basically looking for an F1 visa to enable them come to the US? Or why are you contemplating changing the intended course of study? Anyway per the denial noticed issued to “your friend”, you were found ineligible for the visa because the CO feels you have not demonstrated a strong enough tie to your home country to ensure your return.

Changing intended course of study or manufacturing some new responses to similar questions in the future will will ensure you get issued with a student visa.

She is truly interested in Cyber Security course.
How to demonstrate strong ties based on the questions asked? Could you please explain what could have been better?

Any answers to the questions would have impacted?
I see the ties as professional, work, school, family or social links to a foreign country.

How do they identify those ties based on information in DS160 or answers given during the interview?