F1 VISA (Chennai) REJECTED! PLS ADVICE!

jksongc

Registered Users (C)
Firstly, I'm very sorry for posting this issue here, But I know there are experts
in this forum that can provide better suggestion than me.

Summary:

My cousin has his F1 Visa (Student), rejected a week back.. very depressed & sad.
The Visa officer at chennai assumed him to be a potential immigrant & rejected his VISA.
My cousin is planning for a second attempt & he is very scared & tensed. Certainly things changed @ home .I just can't express it ..

I know that his chances of getting a VISA on a 2 or 3 rd attempts are very thin as he was rejected on strong reason (potential immigrant & not on financial side).

Q) Is there any thing that can override the Visa officer decision like a power of attorney or something?

Q) Does you guys know of anyone, whose VISA was rejected for first time with the same reason (as potential immigrant) & then was issed a VISA on second attempt or third attempts? Please advice.

Q) My 485 is pending & I think of contacting a congress man/senator & request him a letter addressed to U.S embassy? Do you guys think that could help in anyway & if required ready I'm ready to sign any agreement that they asks me to. Nothing is more for than helping my cousin in getting a VISA?

His Career is at stake & I'm sure that your sincere advices/suggestion can help him get prepared on a proper direction.

PLease take some time & post your suggestions.

Thanks ALL for your help!

Almost half of all student visas are rejected. There is no escape from that fact.
How is his career at stake? US is not the only place for education.

Thanks NKM!

Unfortunately, My cousin OR I didn't consider for other options, until now. He strongly wants to do his M.S in computer science & first thing that comes to everyones mind is U.S. JOb market in India is good but not for freshers? every company calls for experienced people OR either they look for a Masters degree from nice college. Anyway , if he gets rejected again then probably he should start looking for other options, for pursuing higher studies.

Can you suggest me of other countries than U.S, that can be considered for higher educations like M.S? Do have any idea of career prospects in U.K?

Please advice!

try Australia

Universities in Australia have very good masters programs in Engineering & computer science. A few of my class mates did their masters in Australia.

There used to a consultants in Madras who help in the entire process.

Canada is a very good alternative. Less expensive than US, is pretty close to US and immigration process is much simpler and faster.

You did not mention exactly how US consulate had found out about his immigrant intention unless he had mentioned it or signed a form. He now has to prove solid ties to India, e.g., own properties, family in India...why would any one believe that he would come back to India after studies?

What makes u think that the USA doesn't want experienced people in IT? I think it's even tougher in the USA to get a job in the IT field than that of in India.

UK, Canada, Australia etc have very good schools. Also, u kind of mentioned unless he's from a good school it's not going to help him get a job there. Being that is the case, I am just wondering what his chances will be in getting the job here at all if he doesn't get himself into a good school there how would he get admitted to a good school here. USA's good schools have a very good standard that they maintain. And if he graduates from a not well reputed school here in the USA his career will be at stake here as well...Thus I am very much skeptical about his career here as well.

Anyway..good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you ALL for your advices!

The only Q asked by the officer was that if he would ever come back after his M.S? My cousin replied back, that he had strong plans of coming back & joining the software firm where his DAD work right now as a G.M.
For some reason the officer did not beleive it & rejected the VISA assuming him to be a potential immigrant.

My cousin even had prety good documentation in the file that pretty well explains that his parents are well educated & that they are financially strong to support him. The officer cared less even to look at his file.

AND yes my cousin is from a good college & passed out with very good % in his academis. He also received complete AID from the university of Illinious, saying every thing will be covered for him.

Q) What other documentaion, do you guys think can help OR that my cousin should carry with him in his next visit?

Q) If the same Q is asked again by the officer in second interview, what best answer can be given to the make the officer beleive that he is not a potential immigrant?

Q) To prove stromg Family ties - what evidences can be provided?

Q) Do you guys know of any specific college name from Canada or Australia?
Any Weblinks will help us too to know more about these colleges.

PLease advice!

This is a li'l tough situation. I read some arguments, and all are correct. The situation in IT is not at all good here, even for experienced people. All have started working as contractors. Just last week my company opened a new branch in India to ship all IT work there and not even hire contractors here...just imagine! Only if one considers Mechanical/Electronics/Industrial...there are still opprtunities left here.
Still if he wants to come, then I have a few suggestions. If you make changes in the documents, then it is possible that the consulate people might compare what you said last time to what you say this time...so they might think you are now lying.
Or he can say something like he wants to open a new company in B'lore and his dad is having some ### lacs of money for him ready....office space...something like that.

Unfortunately if someone is rejected, he or she can really do nothing about it. Due to the high immigration comming from all over the world to the U.S. the ins tries to hold it back. My friend was rejected too, and the American Embassy did not explain why. Although his papers were good, he met all the reqiuriments and he could not come to the country. It is a good idea to look for another school in a differnet country and do good education there. Tell your friend that life wanted to happen like this then there is a reason behind. May be he would not have been happy if he had come here. After a couple of years, he will see the real reason why it happend like that.