f1 visa after j1 visa problem

alex_83

Hi,

First of all thanks to everybody who is willing to share their opinions with me.

I came to US 1,5 year ago as J1 exchange visitor. I was working in the same place after my working visa expired. In the meanwhile I enrolled in college. I went home after 5 months of being in the US (1 month working illegally), got the F1 visa, came back to US, started school, continued working in the same place until February 2009.
Up to this date, my F1 status is clear, but I wanted to apply for off-campus work based on economic necessity. What are my chances to get it, and will the USCIS know that I worked illegally for 4 months? What could happen?
What are my chances to get denied when applying for new F1 visa?

I was looking and looking for the similar cases, but it appears there are none.

Thank again for your help.

You knew the rules and admit to working illegally. You now want help. Get a lawyer! It will cost you far more than you earned to get yourself out of the mess you created!

You knew the rules and admit to working illegally. You now want help. Get a lawyer! It will cost you far more than you earned to get yourself out of the mess you created!

I didn't create any mess, everything is just fine, I'm still at school, my status is clear... I was just wondering if anybody had similar experiences.
There is no reason for YOU to tell me what I did wrong, so please don't quote my message anymore!!!

did you receive your salary through company's payroll? or is it "under-the-table"?

if it's through payroll, then USCIS might discover it. You should hire a lawyer to help you sort this out.

if it's under the table, you should be fine. but please don't do anything ILLEGAL again going forward.

that's one of the reasons why the USCIS is getting stricter and stricter in issuing student visas.

good luck!