F1 to H1 after AP - Need help

justforgc

Registered Users (C)
Hi! This is the first time I am going to India on H1. I have applied for my GC and have already gotten my AP. What do I need to do in India to get my passport stamped w/ H1. I am getting conflicting answers -

My lawyer is saying that I don't need to go to US Consulate at all but just come w/ my ap documents
Some of my friends just did drop box but I think its interview. Can anyone please advise.
Also, what documentation do I need to send if its just drop box.

Thanks much,
Just for gc

You can use AP to enter US. I used AP on May. You need to go to Secondary INS Office to get your I-94 stamp. INS also make a stamp in the visa page of your passport and AP.
Good Luck

Prashanthk and I485andI824, Thanks for the response.

what secondary INS office are you talking about? What do you need to take with you when you go there? Also, is it drop box / just stamping that you need to do? Let me know.

Thanks,

I just used AP last week. Pretty simple, go to secondary INS with Passport + AP, with in 5 minutes they will stamp and give you.

Secondary INS office is at the US Airport. Its just like the normal immigration (with H1) line. In this case you just have to present your AP thats it.