F1 status violated after I-130 + I-485 filed?

sekharan

Registered Users (C)
I am a student on F1 Visa and have completed all my graduate courses and am continuing status based on my part time (<20h/week) CPT for the last 2 years.

I would like to start working on my OPT ("regular" or post completion; the one you do after you are done with your graduation) in 8 months.

Some questions:

1. Would my application to USCIS for my post completion "regular" OPT be harmed in any way due to my part time (<20h/week) CPT for the last 2 years?

I read somewhere that you cannot apply for OPT if you did more than one year of CPT, and my DSO said the same but he asked me to consult a lawyer who often comes to campus.

2. My girlfriend recently filed her N-400 and we are waiting for her interview date to arrive.

If the interview happens in 6 months and gets her citizenship, she can file I-130 + I-485 for me, right?

However, I intend to graduate in 8 months and this might leave me with a situation where::

a. I have already/am just about to file for my OPT

b. she filed I-130 + I-485 for me

and both the above are pending at the same time for approval from USCIS.

In such a situation, could my OPT application be denied by USCIS solely based on a I-130 + I-485 filing?

I am referring to: http : // forums . immigration.com/showthread.php?115661-F1-OPT-and-485-Ignorance-is-not-bliss

3. If my OPT application is denied so, will her I-130 + I-485 filing grant me an immediate work permit + permission to stay in the U.S.?

4. Will I cease to exist as a F1 student from the date she files I-130 + I-485 for me, or would that happen ONLY if that application is accepted (and I can continue to be a F1 student if her application is denied for some reason) -

Hi, I read your post about your question of some visa problem. I recommend you this. Find some lawyers that are expert in visa and immigration issue. In this way, you will know some information and you will know what are the things needed and you will know what is the first step to do.

Canadian Visa