F1 renewal problems due to an arrest record

hhsr6

Hello,
I am an international student in the US on F1 visa status. I came back home for some family emergency last month. My F1 got expired in July so I went to the embassy for for a F1 renewal so I could travel back to the US. Here's the issue now-I was arrested for shoplifting(28$), fingerprinted and was told to appear in the court. The Judge gave me an ACD as I did not had any prior arrests or records. The case is going to be sealed in six months( Jan 26th, 2013) and at present I guess it's still an open case. I provided the embassy with my arrest records, letter of disposition and other documents related to the case. At present my case is under 221g of INA and they are still working on it. I was told ACD is not a conviction for visas and immigration.
Additional information
Are there chances for my visa to be denied as my case is still open and has not sealed yet. If that’s the case can my criminal lawyer get the case dismissed now rather than waiting until Jan 26th, 2013. Or is it enough for USCIS that an ACD was granted and the case was adjourned regardless of its final sealing date in January 2013. Any help would be highly appreciated.

Arrests and Visas to the US

Hi there

My son left 6th form in June, he had a place at a US university, in short he was arrested for DUI (first ever offence) completely stupid, he fully co-operated with the police and was slightly over the limit, he was charged, not convicted, however I have hired lawyers to deal with his case where we believe he will be aquitted, We hired immigration lawyers also, and had to tick the box where it asks whether you have been "arrested" right or wrong, anyway cut a long short he had his interview after the incident and was turned down on a medical inadmissibility after being denied pending a medical practitioners exam. He was refused (we waited weeks for the letter) and no recommendation of a waiver. It could go any way really, yours probably isnt so bad to be honest, given the incident, but at the end of the day they choose who they want and they take their time over it! If your case has not concluded, this should be irrelevant as its not a crime of moral turpitude. They can decide that the matter has to be concluded before they make a decision, made no difference in my sons case. Interestingly when my son was interviewed, the lad next to him had been convicted of burglary and upon saying he was with friends who made him do it, he got his US visa! Also interesting is the amount of people who lie and say they have never been arrested, its all over forums everywhere. If you hadnt have been such an honest person I would be saying do what everyone else does and lie! I honestly wish you the best of luck and just try and be patient, if it comes back refused you can then ask for a waiver to the DHS, unless the letter states otherwise.

Arrests and Visas to the US

Hi there

My son left 6th form in June, he had a place at a US university, in short he was arrested for DUI (first ever offence) completely stupid, he fully co-operated with the police and was slightly over the limit, he was charged, not convicted, however I have hired lawyers to deal with his case where we believe he will be aquitted, We hired immigration lawyers also, and had to tick the box where it asks whether you have been "arrested" right or wrong, anyway cut a long short he had his interview after the incident and was turned down on a medical inadmissibility after being denied pending a medical practitioners exam. He was refused (we waited weeks for the letter) and no recommendation of a waiver. It could go any way really, yours probably isnt so bad to be honest, given the incident, but at the end of the day they choose who they want and they take their time over it! If your case has not concluded, this should be irrelevant as its not a crime of moral turpitude. They can decide that the matter has to be concluded before they make a decision, made no difference in my sons case. Interestingly when my son was interviewed, the lad next to him had been convicted of burglary and upon saying he was with friends who made him do it, he got his US visa! Also interesting is the amount of people who lie and say they have never been arrested, its all over forums everywhere. If you hadnt have been such an honest person I would be saying do what everyone else does and lie! I honestly wish you the best of luck and just try and be patient, if it comes back refused you can then ask for a waiver to the DHS, unless the letter states otherwise.
thank you so much for sharing your post! please did your son get denied for medical inadmissibility immediately or was he denied after the exam? i am in a situation where bipolar mania led me to criminal trouble and medical inadmissibility is something i really fear. the criminal trouble is for two simple assault convictions which don't make me inadmissible, im more concerned about the medical inadmissibility. thank you so much in advance for responding