F1 rejected - Need your advice

darshan_943

Hello Everyone,

Thank you all of you in advance for helping me........really need help.

I appeared for f1 visa and was rejected visa(15th december) from Mumbai on the base of "I do not have strong ties back to home country(India)". I was asked very few questions by the VO. I have done my masters here in india and want to go for MS in USA university.

I have my elder brother in USA who is a permanent resident there and he is not sponsoring me for my studies. and my father and mother are in india. my father is a businessman and my parents are sponsoring me for my studies. About the UNIVERSITY, the VO told that the university is good and also he did not tell anything after seeing the bank balance which is maintained over a period more than 6 months. I had visited singapore once for holiday and so he asked me after seeing my passport that why i had gone to singapore which i replied "i went there for holiday and vacation". I am planning to re-appear for 2nd time. so, please tell me how can i answer or convince the VO that i am not a potential immigrant. what documents should i prepare? how should i approach to the question of potential immigrant?

If you need any more information, please let me know.

Waiting Eagerly for help and suggestions.

Yes rahul, i had mentioned in about my brother in the form and also the VO asked me how many brother and sister do i have and where are they?

alot of the times it dependend on who interviews you. I applied for a F1 and my fiancee who is an american citizen was one of my sponsors. I guess the fact that i have been to the US already and lived her for over 1 year on a J1 helped my case. The consulate only asked me two questions without even looking the supporting documents. I would advice you to reapply. Differnts consulates treat each case differently. good luck