F1/M1 visa Acting school Off-campus employment?

noblepacino

What jobs would be considered related to my field of activity when I am in acting school?
On the immigration website it says exactly like this. Student on M1 visa is allowed to work off-campus (meaning not for the school he attends at) only if the job is related to field of activity (in this case acting).

So I'm thinking to myself: Can I be given the right to seek a job as:

-movie extra
-model
-photographer

Suppose that none of the jobs above interfere with my school program ... and that I will manage my time accordingly.

Thanks

Want to study acting in Hollywood??

Sponsoring M-1 Visa.

The Acting Studio at Edgemar FKA Larry Moss Studio
*3/6/12 MONTH WELL ROUNDED ACTOR INTENSIVE.
M1 VISA SPONSORSHIP available for the 6 & 12 month WELL ROUNDED ACTOR
INTENSIVE.
* The Actor's Golden Box: With RENOWNED ACTING COACH Michelle Danner
* Audition for Film & Television: On-Camera
* Scene Study Beginning/Intermediate/Advanced
* Improv Workout
* Casting Director Workshop
* Voice intensives level 1 & level 2
*Brad Garrett the Emmy Award winning star of Everybody Loves Raymond
Teaching a 5 week sitcom/comedy intensive

TO REGISTER FOR THESE PROGRAMS OR FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE CALL
(310)392-0815
OR
E-MAIL: xxxxxxxxxxx
SPACE IS LIMITED.

Acting Studio at Edgemar located at the xxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited by a moderator:
M1 Visa students can work in areas of their specialization. If you are studying marketing, You may start work in marketing, but with the prior approval from your university.

Disclaimer: The information provided is of a general nature and is not intended to be construed as legal advice.

What jobs would be considered related to my field of activity when I am in acting school?
On the immigration website it says exactly like this. Student on M1 visa is allowed to work off-campus (meaning not for the school he attends at) only if the job is related to field of activity (in this case acting).

So I'm thinking to myself: Can I be given the right to seek a job as:

-movie extra
-model
-photographer

Suppose that none of the jobs above interfere with my school program ... and that I will manage my time accordingly.

Thanks