F1-H1 visa stamping (but not yet graduated)

sunithaks

Registered Users (C)
How many days after you get the work permit(HIB agreed) that you can apply to get your passport stamped? I came to US on F1 but I did not graduate but have got my Visa changed to H1. After how many days after getting the H1 can I apply for the passport stamping. Also does F1-H1B visa stamping create problems if we have not yet graduated.After my course work, instead of OPT, I directly got an H1.I have still my theis work and so not yet graduated. so mine is F1-H1. Please reply to this.

Thanks.:confused:

I don't think there is a "day" limit as as far as your H1 is approved.

But keep in mind you will have to go out of the country to get it stamped. It cannot be done in the US for the 1st time.

Also it does not matter if you have graduated or not.

F1->H1 during semester well before graduation

Hi, I wonder if and how you solved your conflicts because I'll face the same challenge. I'm in the middle of my PhD and with an american MS. I may have an H1-offer in Nov.

Since it occurs in the middle of semester, can I get approved? Seems like you'd rcv some decision from BCIS by now.

I can take my courses part-time but how about the TA appointment. Did you inform your international studetn advisor timely since the new SEVIS needs to keep our up-to-date info? TKS a lot?

hi..
actually they have started the premium processing for H1. I am also in the same case as u r (With TA). I have still not informed the interntional students advisor. I thght will inform them after I get my H1 approved. what r ur plans..? U will also be quitting semester midway right? Let me know what u r doing abt it? did u contact the International students people?

Thanks

hi..
actually they have started the premium processing for H1. I am also in the same case as u r (With TA). I have still not informed the interntional students advisor. I thght will inform them after I get my H1 approved. what r ur plans..? U will also be quitting semester midway right? Let me know what u r doing abt it? did u contact the International students people?

Thanks

tks for yr msg. i hv not started any procedures since i need to check the chance for my situation. Plus, i need to wait for the job offer in the near future. good luck to yr application and pls keep me posted. i'll send any input on this issue.