F-1 Visa renewal issue

lawques

Hello, I am on a F-1 visa. I got my visa in 2006 and its going to expire in 2011. I came to USA for Masters and after completion I was on OPT for one and half years as I used my extension. After that I started Pharm.D and I wish to go to India during summer vacation. Since,my summer vacation falls during the period when my visa will be expired so I will need to get my visa renewed. As I have been hearing from different sources that they are cautious now and are giving 221g to every one who goes for F1 or H1 stamping. My questions are:Even if I am not having a research background,do I have a chances of getting 221g? and is it true that if my study is not completed,there are no complications to renew the visa? can I go to Canada to renew it safely? and the last one is, I have financial documents from a sponsor who is in USA,will that affect my renewal?
your suggestions are deeply appreciated..
Thank you..

Visa issuance mid degree is not guaranteed to be approved. Delays in issuing may arise for many reasons. Apply early during your vacation so there will be time to sort out any problems. If the sponsor tends to indicate that you have immigrant intent, it may be a problem. Recall a requirement for F1 is that you may not be planning to remain after your studies are complete.

The only way to make certain you can complete your studies is to remain in the US.