F-1 Visa Rejected because of grades

fembiz

Registered Users (C)
I was an F-1 student and I fell out of status because I did not go to school for one semester but I went back to school after that for 2 semesters as a full time student. I filed for reinstatement but my application was denied therefore I left the united states as I was directed to depart and obatain a new f-1 visa. My school issued a new I-20 form and I have been to the u.s. consulate but they have denied my visa twice on the grounds that I was out of school for one semester and also because my grades for last semester were not good. Out of 5 semesters, i have bad grades for only 1. My previous semesters have a cummulative gpa of 3.25. what can I do as I do not understand why my application should be rejected due to grades. anyone can fail one semester for whatever reason. please I need advice because now i am stuck and school is supposed to resume on aug 29, 2005 and I need to go back. I will be graduating next year and my not going back will screw me up so bad because I would have just wasted 2 1/2 years of my life. Please I need help. The consulate that denied me is the U.S. Consulate in Lagos, Nigeria. Also my dad is a diplomat and I have been travelling to the u.s. and other european countries since I was born on diplomatic visas. I have never been denied a visa to any country unitl now. I would appreciate any advice or information

Last edited by a moderator:
fembiz said:
I was an F-1 student and I fell out of status because I did not go to school for one semester but I went back to school after that for 2 semesters as a full time student. I filed for reinstatement but my application was denied therefore I left the united states as I was directed to depart and obatain a new f-1 visa. My school issued a new I-20 form and I have been to the u.s. consulate but they have denied my visa twice on the grounds that I was out of school for one semester and also because my grades for last semester were not good. Out of 5 semesters, i have bad grades for only 1. My previous semesters have a cummulative gpa of 3.25. what can I do as I do not understand why my application should be rejected due to grades. anyone can fail one semester for whatever reason. please I need advice because now i am stuck and school is supposed to resume on aug 29, 2005 and I need to go back. I will be graduating next year and my not going back will screw me up so bad because I would have just wasted 2 1/2 years of my life. Please I need help.
Can you put consulate country and State?

Moral Help

fembiz said:
I was an F-1 student and I fell out of status because I did not go to school for one semester but I went back to school after that for 2 semesters as a full time student. I filed for reinstatement but my application was denied therefore I left the united states as I was directed to depart and obatain a new f-1 visa. My school issued a new I-20 form and I have been to the u.s. consulate but they have denied my visa twice on the grounds that I was out of school for one semester and also because my grades for last semester were not good. Out of 5 semesters, i have bad grades for only 1. My previous semesters have a cummulative gpa of 3.25. what can I do as I do not understand why my application should be rejected due to grades. anyone can fail one semester for whatever reason. please I need advice because now i am stuck and school is supposed to resume on aug 29, 2005 and I need to go back. I will be graduating next year and my not going back will screw me up so bad because I would have just wasted 2 1/2 years of my life. Please I need help.

Hi

I presume you are cot up in India. Immediately contact a US Immigration Attorney for assistance. Write to me at menakarajendran@gmail.com

Have a Nie Day!
(Not Advice)

what kind of story did you tel the immigraton on your reinstament letter? because i am in the same problem and i would love some advise. i did not aplly yet. do you think i should do it? what are the risks?