F-1 to H-1b, stamping h-1b from as can-immigrant

junaid_khan18

Registered Users (C)
F-1 to H-1b, h-1b visa stamping as can-immigrant

hi all

I am from pakistan staying in usa on H-1B. My canadian immigration has been approved and i want my h-1b visa stamped as landed immigrant from Canada.

I came to usa on f-1 on a university i-20 but i got transferred to a community college. I just wanted to learn a 3d software not a full flesh degree because I already have my 4 year diploma and 12 years of job experince in same field from Pk.

As soon as I got my resume updated with that software I got h-1b job. I am still with this company processing my CG.

I know many people got visa stamped from canada h-1 and (f-1 to h-1) cases, but mine is not straight forward case, but all according to USA law .

Please, tell me following things could problem me even if they still under INS law.

1. Came with F-1 on university i-20, transferred to a community college.
(never out of status with 12 credits enrollement all my F-1 time)

2. Do'nt carry Master/bachelor degree but ( 4 year diploma and 12 years job experince in same field) Note: according to INS law a candidate fullfills h-1b eduction requirment if he carries 12 years of job experince in same field OR 12 years job experince = 4 year us bachelor degree.

waiting for you valuable advices

Last edited by a moderator:
Being a Canadian PR , canada is your country so you can go ahead and give it a shot

Last edited by a moderator:
Could you please send me your email addresss

Hi, could you please send me your email address through prvate message we can help each other out- I got H1 from Canada..

Thanks

H1 Visa Appointment in Ottawa on Jan 31, 2005

I am from Pakistan and I have a H1 Visa Appointment in Ottawa on Jan 31, 2005 to get the stamp on the passport.

Can you please share your visa experienece with us. You can email me at
msriaz@yahoo.com.

Appreciate your help.

Please post your experiance regarding H1 B visa stamping in Canada for Pakistani citizens since it will help a lot of forum users.

Stuck in Ottawa for security clearance

MSRIAZ is stuck in Ottawa for security clearance. Every one who is planning to go for stamping should be ready for this.

Stuck in Vancouver

I guess most of the Pakistani's get stuck in Canada when they come for their H1 stamping. I had and interview on Feb7th 2005. The officer said my case needs special handling....didnt say how much time it would take......any one who knows what this means and ....if someone could share their updates that would be great....Thanks

Security Clearance

I think they run your name etc in their local data base and if there is any kind of match then they send the case/info to Washington DC for running the same on main data base.
This happens to me in June, 2003 and after two weeks I have been told to come back and get my visa stamp.

Hi...what Happened To Your Case...we R Stuck In Torotno For The Last 3 Weeks...how Long Did It Take In Your Case.
Plz Reply

Plz Help!!!

hi all,
plz let me know if anyone had a same situation...
my husband and i came to toronto canada on sep, 6th 2005.
we had our interview appointment on sep, 7... 9:00 am.
we both are pakistani nationals
my husband came to US from pakistan in 1999 on a student visa. He did his masters and then got a job in Houston. He is a mechanical enigineer.
we got married in 2002 and got our first H1 stamped from islamabad, pakistan.
it took about 2 months to get the visa in pakistan at that time.
now we came to canada. my husbands office arranged everything for us. the visa appointment....paper work etc etc
the interview went smooth.
the visa officer said everything looks perfect BUT...we will have to run a background check on you.
and it will take 2-3 weeks to do that.
we asked her y?
and she told us...that my husband's name is one of those names...that r common (arabic names) ...thats y
my husbands company lawyer assured us before we came here that our case wont take more then 1-2 days...because its our 2nd H1 stamping.
this security check for Pakistanis is stupid....nobody would come to renew his/her visa if he/she is involved in some thing bad....
they didnt even care that we have a 2 year old son with us.
...its been 3 weeks already...and we havent got any reply...
we are really worried at the moment as we have our appartment + car and all the other stuff in US.... then my husbands job is at risk too....and we r stuck here in a hotel room..
dont know what to do.
does anyone has a recent experience like us....so we could get an idea...exactly how long does this security clearence thing take?
plz pray for us... and be careful everyone.
bbye

Name: Quratulain Khan

Qanne 22

hi

I was exactly in the same situation but the location was Montreal 6 months ago. I stayed in a hotel room with 2 kids. I am from Pakistan and have same profession as ur husband. My H1 stamp was the second one and the first one I also got from Islamabad. Also my company lawyer told me that I will get visa in 2 days. :)
What a coincedence.

Anyway, I got the visa in 40 days. You will also get the visa but it just takes some time. If you need any other info please email me at msriaz@yahoo.com.

Wish you all the best.

hello,

Hope you guys have got your visa stamped. If yes, could you please inform me, when & how many days it took for you guys? Please share your experience.

Gurus any idea , how many maximum days it takes to get security clearance?

Any input would be highely appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

qanne_22 said:
hi all,
plz let me know if anyone had a same situation...
my husband and i came to toronto canada on sep, 6th 2005.
we had our interview appointment on sep, 7... 9:00 am.
we both are pakistani nationals
my husband came to US from pakistan in 1999 on a student visa. He did his masters and then got a job in Houston. He is a mechanical enigineer.
we got married in 2002 and got our first H1 stamped from islamabad, pakistan.
it took about 2 months to get the visa in pakistan at that time.
now we came to canada. my husbands office arranged everything for us. the visa appointment....paper work etc etc
the interview went smooth.
the visa officer said everything looks perfect BUT...we will have to run a background check on you.
and it will take 2-3 weeks to do that.
we asked her y?
and she told us...that my husband's name is one of those names...that r common (arabic names) ...thats y
my husbands company lawyer assured us before we came here that our case wont take more then 1-2 days...because its our 2nd H1 stamping.
this security check for Pakistanis is stupid....nobody would come to renew his/her visa if he/she is involved in some thing bad....
they didnt even care that we have a 2 year old son with us.
...its been 3 weeks already...and we havent got any reply...
we are really worried at the moment as we have our appartment + car and all the other stuff in US.... then my husbands job is at risk too....and we r stuck here in a hotel room..
dont know what to do.
does anyone has a recent experience like us....so we could get an idea...exactly how long does this security clearence thing take?
plz pray for us... and be careful everyone.
bbye

Name: Quratulain Khan

Qanne 22

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prior to travelling

dude123 said:
hello,

Hope you guys have got your visa stamped. If yes, could you please inform me, when & how many days it took for you guys? Please share your experience.

Gurus any idea , how many maximum days it takes to get security clearance?

Any input would be highely appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Qanne 22

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can we get the security clearance done from US before leaving the country for stamping abroad ?