Extremely Important - Please advise ASAP

woreq123

Banned
I got cut from my client site but my sponsoring employer did not cut me and wants to put me on a short term project way far away from where I live (another city). Incidentally I found a opening in a permanent position here itself but the pay is very less (less than what my sponsoring company had promised on LC). My employer pays me decent and above what he promised on LC. I have done 4 months since GC with my sponsoring company.

My questions are:

1) Should I wait another 2 months before making a shift ?
2) If my future pay is less than current pay and even less than what was promised on LC by my sponsor (although I won't work for him anymore) then will there be a problem in future when I apply for citizenship etc. ?

Thanks. Please advise.

JoeF

I agree with you on salary part. But tell me how do I convince that I had intent to stay with the employer when I actuall y have to resign from him to move to a new company.

Tell me this. If I hang around with my employer for a month or so and see if he pays me something on bench. If he doesn't pay me on bench then will that be considered as automatic termintion from job or do I need a written letter from the employer saying that my job was terminated. Another thing, if he stops paying me then I can I demand that he terminate me so I can claim unemployment benefit or can I still get unemployemnt without having termination letter in hand ?

Thanks.

JoeF

If I stay on bench for 4-5 months and they dont' pay me. Then my overall gross salary paid at the end of the year would be less than what was promised on LC. Then will that create problems even though the hourly rate remains the same when I do get paid ? In that case won't it be better if I actually ask them to terminate me so that I can draw unemployment and when there is job then I go back to them ?

Throw some more light. Thanks.

JoeF

I dont' like being on bench but I am wondering that if i am on Bench and if I don't get any project for 4-5 months and if the company does not terminate employment and I don't get any other job also in the meantime, then what ? Obviously I will start looking for another job the moment I go on bench and infact I will try to ask them to relieve me so that at least I can draw unemployment rather than sit idle with no income. But what is your assessment of the scenario i just described.

woreq123

I have a solution for you.
1) sitting on the bench and working for another company simultanously till you get fired by either one.
2) it is better to quit after 6 months so just hang around for another two months. do not resign till 6 month or laid off.
3) donot concern too much about length. 4 month is enough in my view at current economic circumtance.

I am in the same boat....like worek123

My company can't afford to pay the salary stated on LC. They have been paying all along but now I am running out of billable hours. They do not want to lay me off either....I would be fine for 6 months after GC but than I know that they won't be able to pay me...They are also asking me to work from home from April....whatever I can..... I just don't know what to do...Joe F - Any thoughts..I am thinking long term...and trying to be safe...

JoeF

This is something happened recently. I got paid all these years. Never had any problems and will get paid the LC Salary for next 3 months or so...They have a another company and they have asked me to join that as a part-time after March...That will be almost 6 months after GC. Than they say that if we have more project than we will keep you going....All i am planning is to ask them to lay me off...but getting green-card doesn't change much...still we are so much worried to keep this job going....I dont know how people taking these much stress???Thanks for your reply...

Attorney's advise

He says not to resign till at least one year from approval date. But if the employer stops paying during bench time then you are free to go.