Extra docs for H1-B revalidation at Chennai

vathsan

Hi folks,
For those of you who are planning to come to Chennai for H1-B visa revalidation, please make sure that you bring as much extra docs as possible. The TTS visa service website doesn't mention about 3 items which are **manadatory** (not even my attorney mentioned these as mandatory):
- Offer Letter
- Original and copies of recent Pay Stubs
- Original and copies of recent bank statements

NOTE: things might change. Bring as much papers as possible to avoid nasty surprises.

I was surprised to notice these requirements posted in the notice board at the TTS visa service center, Chennai. Fortunately, I had taken these docs and submitted to them via drop-box. Still waiting...for the approval....10 days and counting...

Regards,
Srivathsan.

How long it takes??

Hi Srivathsan,

Did you get your passport stamped, I was planning for a two weeks vacation, to complete the stamping and come back? yr experience scares me, you said it is already 10 days..

thanks in advance for your update

new to be here

hi

i will be going to india to get my H1 and H4 stamped to N.delhi consulate .i will be taking
1.H1 papers
2.degree/transcript
3.paystubs/bank statements
4.letter of recommendation
5.pictures of job place
is there anything else i need to take,plezase let me know ,i dont want any shockers in india
thanks
feba

Originally posted by vathsan
Hi folks,
For those of you who are planning to come to Chennai for H1-B visa revalidation, please make sure that you bring as much extra docs as possible. The TTS visa service website doesn't mention about 3 items which are **manadatory** (not even my attorney mentioned these as mandatory):
- Offer Letter
- Original and copies of recent Pay Stubs
- Original and copies of recent bank statements

NOTE: things might change. Bring as much papers as possible to avoid nasty surprises.

I was surprised to notice these requirements posted in the notice board at the TTS visa service center, Chennai. Fortunately, I had taken these docs and submitted to them via drop-box. Still waiting...for the approval....10 days and counting...

Regards,
Srivathsan.

When you say H1B revalidation, I suppose you mean the other 3 year extension, right?

I have heard that this can be done by mail here in the US, and am currently trying to locate that information, but I am sure that you don't need to travel to your home country just to get a new 3 year stamp.

Does anyone have any info on this? Please post for all to see.

first H1 stamp

hi,
i my case it is a waiver from J1 to H1 visa,so it will be first H1
ciao
feba