Extension of Visitor visa

rs20021

Registered Users (C)
My mom has a 10 yr multiple entry visa expiring in 2010

She has been to the US for a 6 month visit prior to 9/11

This time when she arrived at the POE , the officer asked her "You are going to stay for 6 months? " to which my mom replied in the affirmative and then the lady still stamped it for 3 months expiration on the I-94. My mom was nervous as it is and did not bother to check the stamp as she thought that she was getting a 6 month stamp.. she checked it only after we got home from the airport....

We booked the air tickets for 6 month travel and have an e-ticket

We went to the local INS office and they said you can send in a letter explaining the confusion....Or should I pay the money for the extension ( not cheap!!!), which may have a chance of being rejected and void out her 10 year visa

But now what should I do

Return flight is booked for 19th Jan 2006
I-94 is stamped for Oct 17th 2005

thanks for your answers
rs

rs20021 said:
My mom has a 10 yr multiple entry visa expiring in 2010

She has been to the US for a 6 month visit prior to 9/11

This time when she arrived at the POE , the officer asked her "You are going to stay for 6 months? " to which my mom replied in the affirmative and then the lady still stamped it for 3 months expiration on the I-94. My mom was nervous as it is and did not bother to check the stamp as she thought that she was getting a 6 month stamp.. she checked it only after we got home from the airport....

We booked the air tickets for 6 month travel and have an e-ticket

We went to the local INS office and they said you can send in a letter explaining the confusion....Or should I pay the money for the extension ( not cheap!!!), which may have a chance of being rejected and void out her 10 year visa

But now what should I do

Go and extend the visa immediately. If it is not approved before Oct 17th 2005, re schedule the journey, so that she will not face any problem next timeReturn flight is booked for 19th Jan 2006
I-94 is stamped for Oct 17th 2005

thanks for your answers
rs