Extension of Visiting visa for parents

Rajani Kashyap

My parents got at 10 year multilple entry visa and on their arrival to US this year on June 19th they got a stamping on their I-94 that their date of return is Dec 19th. We have filed for an extension of their stay application and mailed to INS but since the INS is not checking upon anything because of the current situations can they stay in US even if they do not hear anything from INS.
Please reply.

Rajani

My parents got at 10 year multilple entry visa and on their arrival to US this year on June 19th they got a stamping on their I-94 that their date of return is Dec 19th. We have filed for an extension of their stay application and mailed to INS but since the INS is not checking upon anything because of the current situations can they stay in US even if they do not hear anything from INS.
Please reply.

Rajani

Re: Extn of visitors visa

Hi,

My mother-in-law too has a 10 yr visa. She has come here for 6 months.
Can anyone help as to what is involved in getting extensions beyond
the initial 6 months? Any input will be appreciated. Thanks.

-Ab

Visitor Visa?

Hello,

I have a question. My in-laws are visiting US from India. My father-in-law is a British citizen but my mother-in-law is an Indian citizen. She would need to go for her Visa stamping to the US Consulate in India. Could someone please tell me what documents are required for me to send to her? (Especially because of recent incidents).

Plus, since my father-in-law does not require to stamp his passport because being a British citizen he does not need a Visa to travel to the US. But, do I have to mention his name as well in the letter of support that I would send to them? Please advice.

I appreciate your time

I think they can stay

As far I know, if you have the receipt, your parents can stay until response from INS or until extention requested. My friends parents stayed (he actually cancelled the extention request and got his parents passport returned and they left back to india)
check with a attorney...