Extension of PR visa on medical grounds .. Urgent help

JEYA_CAN

We appled PR thro Buffalo, as we live in USA. We planned to land via road on may 2006, as our PR visa expires in Aug 2006. On the way to Canada we ended up in auto accident and we could not complete the travel and we could not land as per our travel plan.

Though, it was a high speed accident at major high way, luckily we all survived, due to the fact that we all got buckled with seat belt. We were immediately taken into a hospital for the medical help and diagnosis. Myself and my kids were completely alright with no injuries. However, my wife got injury in her back. She needs rest and some medical tretment (physical therphy), untill she recovers to normal. Therefore, we are not in a situation to land in Canada before the expiry of the visa. In this situation, I intend to send a letter to buffalo consulate to extend the visa by 6 months. Will they accept my request based on humanitarian grouds? In this situation, what is the option for me? Experts through some lights ..

Thanks

I tried this already. Infact, I sent a letter to Canadain consulate seeking extention of PR visa for two more months due to some medical emergency. I received a call from them 3 days before the PR visa exipry date and mentioned that they cannot extend the visa and I must complete the landing before the due date.

I don;t know what to do now. My PR visa is now expired.

I'm thinking of writing another letter explaning the situation once again. not sure if they would accept it.

Thanks
ind

PR Visa extension

My wife and my child have already missed landing before the expiry of the visa because of medical/health grounds.... I was able to make it... I am gonna send a letter to the concerned consulate... lets see what happens....

They do extend for genuine reasons. You need to send an email/phone call to the consulate that issues visa.
A friend of mine did get extension because he was living in New Orleans during Katrina. However they only gave him 60 day extension. So if there is genuine reason they will give.