Extension of H1...Please answer

rest_2004_free

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

I am sure it was answered, but I want to know the latest update. My case is with DBEC, I did not receive a 45 day letter. I only have a copy of the receipt from OH state SESA.

How do I extend my H1 beyond 6th year?

1. Does INS need proof from BEC? Or the State SESA receipt is enough?

2. I pray to God, my case is not closed accidentally, but for those whose case is closed and is not reopned on time, what is their future?

Thanks
:confused:

1. Should be enough. All they care about is initial filing date - even a certified mail stamp would work.
Here's a new article on this in case you want to request from BEC.
http://www.immigration-law.com/
06/26/2005: DFLC Notice of AC 21 H-1B Extension Proof Issuance Procedure

DFLC has issued a notice that DOL has worked with CIS to set up a new system in the Backlog Elimination Centers to assist individuals who have submitted an application for permanent labor certification prior to March 28, 2005 and need proof of the submission to apply for an extension of an H-1B visa. Individuals should send an e-mail to the appropriate Backlog Center explaining the need for the H-1B extension and requesting verification that their application is pending at the Center. The email addresses are h1b7yr@dal.dflc.us for the Dallas Center and h1b7yr@phi.dflc.us for the Philadelphia Center. Include in this request all pertinent information (employer name and address, alien name and address, date of filing, state where filed, case number, if known). The Backlog Center will respond to the individual with verification that the application has been pending for 365 days.

2. PERM; if case is closed and cannot be reopened you have to start over again.

rest_2004_free said:
Hello,

I am sure it was answered, but I want to know the latest update. My case is with DBEC, I did not receive a 45 day letter. I only have a copy of the receipt from OH state SESA.

How do I extend my H1 beyond 6th year?

1. Does INS need proof from BEC? Or the State SESA receipt is enough?

2. I pray to God, my case is not closed accidentally, but for those whose case is closed and is not reopned on time, what is their future?

Thanks
:confused:

Sorry it is contradicting...

Item 1. in your response says it is enough to send them a copy of the labor receipt notice, but the later section says you would have send an email to DBEC. I did not understand....

Are you trying to say that for people who do not have the receipt from labor dept have to do the email work and for those who already have a receipt of pending labor can simply submit a copy of the receipt?

How will INS know whether a particular case is closed or not? In that case the email process is necessary for all applicants. Please clear this confusion.

Thanks!

gc_2006 said:
1. Should be enough. All they care about is initial filing date - even a certified mail stamp would work.
Here's a new article on this in case you want to request from BEC.
http://www.immigration-law.com/
06/26/2005: DFLC Notice of AC 21 H-1B Extension Proof Issuance Procedure

DFLC has issued a notice that DOL has worked with CIS to set up a new system in the Backlog Elimination Centers to assist individuals who have submitted an application for permanent labor certification prior to March 28, 2005 and need proof of the submission to apply for an extension of an H-1B visa. Individuals should send an e-mail to the appropriate Backlog Center explaining the need for the H-1B extension and requesting verification that their application is pending at the Center. The email addresses are h1b7yr@dal.dflc.us for the Dallas Center and h1b7yr@phi.dflc.us for the Philadelphia Center. Include in this request all pertinent information (employer name and address, alien name and address, date of filing, state where filed, case number, if known). The Backlog Center will respond to the individual with verification that the application has been pending for 365 days.

2. PERM; if case is closed and cannot be reopened you have to start over again.