Extension of driver licence in PA

sotiredofwaiting

Registered Users (C)
OK guys, I know it's a different topic,
but maybe somebody had an experience with this....
PA driver licence. They say they will issue you one if your visa and I-94 is good for at least a year, not if less. So what if I have 13 months left on H1, and after that I'm eligible for a 6 month extension. Will they also extend my DL for 6 month or will I have to walk to work? Also, do they recognize EAD as an evidence of status?
Thanks!!!

If this is extension you can simply go to this http://www.dmv.state.pa.us/ website and request for a pin. once you have the pin pay 24 dollars using credit card and you will get camera card mailed to you at your house, no question asked no hassle.
If applying for new license, need to go to any dmv, show original I-485 receipt notice, EAD address proof etc, they would allow you for written test.

they accept and recognizes EAD. If you have H1B & I94 take that to PennDOT. They normally issue licence of full duration i.e. 4 years. Also they require fresh employment letter, a utility bill (or lease), ss card in addition to I94 H1/EAD before you can take computer test.

Last edited by a moderator: