Extension Beyond 6th Year... About the new law

sasimks

Registered Users (C)
My H1B is expiring on July 3rd 2005 and my employer applied my green card on June 25th 2004.My labor is pending.. According to the 7th extension rule, i have to wait till 365 days complete to apply my 7th yesr extension.That will be after June25th and before July3rd. I understand i have only 1 week of time to apply my extension. Today (05/20/2005) my lawyer sent me an email saying INS decided to process the 7th year extension even before the 365 days complete and we can apply the 7th year extension now. Is it true ? My attorney applied my 7th year extension already once and it is returned back saying it is applied too soon. Please reply....

sasimks said:
My H1B is expiring on July 3rd 2005 and my employer applied my green card on June 25th 2004.My labor is pending.. According to the 7th extension rule, i have to wait till 365 days complete to apply my 7th yesr extension.That will be after June25th and before July3rd. I understand i have only 1 week of time to apply my extension. Today (05/20/2005) my lawyer sent me an email saying INS decided to process the 7th year extension even before the 365 days complete and we can apply the 7th year extension now. Is it true ? My attorney applied my 7th year extension already once and it is returned back saying it is applied too soon. Please reply....

So far it is not true. Whoever applied before 365 days got thier petition rejected for 7th yr extn

7th year ectension

Guru,

If 7th year extension was rejected due to filing date earlier than 365 days. Can the petioner refill after receive the rejection. Assume now is qualify 365-day but the last H1B was already expired for a month.

Thank you in advance.

sl10552 said:
Guru,

If 7th year extension was rejected due to filing date earlier than 365 days. Can the petioner refill after receive the rejection. Assume now is qualify 365-day but the last H1B was already expired for a month.

Thank you in advance.
Yes, that is only option available to you. (Put the blame on attorney)