extending h1 after 6 years - pls help

feenix1976

Registered Users (C)
i know h1 can be extended after 6 yrs if:

- Labor is pending for 365 days
- Labor and I-140 is approved but I-485 is pending due to retrogression

But what about a case where Labor (perm) is approved but I-140 has NOT been approved? Can we still get the extension?

AS long as labor is pending for 365 days you can extend even though I-140 is not approved.

feenix1976 said:
i know h1 can be extended after 6 yrs if:

- Labor is pending for 365 days
- Labor and I-140 is approved but I-485 is pending due to retrogression

But what about a case where Labor (perm) is approved but I-140 has NOT been approved? Can we still get the extension?

kiku1975 said:
AS long as labor is pending for 365 days you can extend even though I-140 is not approved.
but what if labor is NOT pending, but rather it is APPROVED. And I'm still waiting for the i-140. Can it still be extended?

Yes you can still extend it.

feenix1976 said:
but what if labor is NOT pending, but rather it is APPROVED. And I'm still waiting for the i-140. Can it still be extended?

Does anyone know how long it takes to get the reciept and approval for H1 extension for 7th year in Premium process ? -thanks

it'll get approved in 15 days thru premium processing

xtension said:
Does anyone know how long it takes to get the reciept and approval for H1 extension for 7th year in Premium process ? -thanks

do you know how long it takes to recieve the reciept in premium process? I filed on 21st July, not yet recieved !! do you think something fishy/wrong?

7th year woes!!!!

People,
I have a peculiar situation. My 6 years of H1-B have expired. I have applied for the 7th year extension premium processing. Also the labor in PERM was rejected due to technical reason. The company I work for is suuporting me. But if the 7th year gets rejected then I have to go back to India, is this right?
Also what are the available options.

Any help or advice would be great.

When will all our GC problems be solved??

gc_kab_hoga said:
People,
I have a peculiar situation. My 6 years of H1-B have expired. I have applied for the 7th year extension premium processing. Also the labor in PERM was rejected due to technical reason. The company I work for is suuporting me. But if the 7th year gets rejected then I have to go back to India, is this right?
Also what are the available options.

Any help or advice would be great.

When will all our GC problems be solved??
Why do you think your 7th year H-1B extension may get rejected?

I dont know what you mean by 'technical reason'? is that your technical skills??? or the enough evidence?
I have applied for extension thru premium, but not yet approved! Just waiting. But I have a approved labour.
How long does it takes to reach the RFE letter from INS? I got the mail saying the letter has been sent but my attorney has not rcvd yet! It's been 15 days now!

How to extend h1 after 6 years

My h1 expires end of this year. What is the procedure to extend h1 and can this be done by me or I need lawyer to do it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
T