Extended Review!

baskar20

Registered Users (C)
Good morning friends,

I am new here and this is my first post.

I have I-485 pending in TSC. My priority date will become current on 06/01/2007.

I finished first finger printing which is currently expired. I had an Infopass Appointment this morning to request the second finger printing notice.

The officer informed me that my case is under "extended review" and she cannot do anything from here.

What does that mean? Does it mean more problems?

I have been waiting patiently since 2001 and all of a sudden I came to know that my case is under extended review.

Mine is EB3/ Dec 2001 Priority date / TSC / Indian National.

Any of you know about this? What exactly is this and what should I do?

Kindly take a few minutes to help me out!

With best regards,

Baskar:mad:

Good morning friends,

I have I-485 pending in TSC. My priority date will become current on 06/01/2007.

I finished first finger printing which is currently expired. I had an Infopass Appointment this morning to request the second finger printing notice.

The officer informed me that my case is under "extended review" and she cannot do anything from here.

I have been waiting patiently since 2001 and all of a sudden I came to know that my case is under extended review.

With best regards,

Please search "BOOK OF REPLIES" from USCIS. I think it is still in security checks.

Should I google?

Thanks much assur!

I am sorry for the dumb question. Should I go to USCIS.gov web site to do the search? Or should I google?

I did not find any link from these searches..

Do you know if anyone had already passed thru this problem?

I was told by the immigration officer at the Atlanta District Office that my name checks etc., have been cleared. Still not sure why they have put my case under extended review..

Should I ask my attorney to talk to USCIS about this? Or should I ask my attorney to write to them to expedite the case?

I am sorry for asking all these questions. I am waiting since 2001 and all of a sudden this issue came up when I thought finally there is some hope.

I really appreciate everybody's help on this.

Baskar

Thanks much assur!

I am sorry for the dumb question. Should I go to USCIS.gov web site to do the search? Or should I google?

I did not find any link from these searches..

Do you know if anyone had already passed thru this problem?

I was told by the immigration officer at the Atlanta District Office that my name checks etc., have been cleared. Still not sure why they have put my case under extended review..

Should I ask my attorney to talk to USCIS about this? Or should I ask my attorney to write to them to expedite the case?

I am sorry for asking all these questions. I am waiting since 2001 and all of a sudden this issue came up when I thought finally there is some hope.

I really appreciate everybody's help on this.

Baskar
Basker, the word "Extended Review" could be taken as under review for adjudication or additional information collection that may take more time, etc. etc.
Whoever calls USCIS, gets misc reply so based on the fact nobody can give you a definite answer of your question. It would be better to ask your attorney in this regards to contact USCIS.
If your name check is cleared, then I wish/think your case is "Simply" under review.
Goodluck.

Excuses ..

Good morning friends,

With best regards,

baskar20,

From experience I can tell you that the TSC is capable of giving you any sort of update on the phone. They can say "extended review", "security check issues" etc. Its hard to tell from these updates as to what the "real" deal is. I would wait till your PD becomes current and then start pushing for updates. If you don't get anything within 30 days, then its time to contact the congressman.

cheers,

saras

Welcome back saras

Hi Saras
It is good to see you back. Hope and pray next month you will get you GC and will be free from the hassle of renewing EAD/AP every 9th month . I have not seen or talked to you or POJ but feel like close friends. I wish you all the best. I am missing POJ and his cake. Getting nostalgic and feeling like prisoner about to be paroled, not advance parole but just freedom parole.
Regards
Blessed_by_INS

baskar20,

From experience I can tell you that the TSC is capable of giving you any sort of update on the phone. They can say "extended review", "security check issues" etc. Its hard to tell from these updates as to what the "real" deal is. I would wait till your PD becomes current and then start pushing for updates. If you don't get anything within 30 days, then its time to contact the congressman.

cheers,

saras

Hi

Hi Saras
It is good to see you back. Hope and pray next month you will get you GC and will be free from the hassle of renewing EAD/AP every 9th month . I have not seen or talked to you or POJ but feel like close friends. I wish you all the best. I am missing POJ and his cake. Getting nostalgic and feeling like prisoner about to be paroled, not advance parole but just freedom parole.
Regards
Blessed_by_INS

Blessed_by_INS,

Nice to hear from you to. Like you, I have made so many friends on this forum. Misery loves company I guess :) :). Actually, this forum has helped me cope with the stress of this roller coaster ride. Hopefully we will be done in the coming months. However, I will only be convinced of it once I receive the card in the mail.

cheers,

saras

Thanks Saras!

Thanks much for your suggestion Saras!

I will post my updates here.

Like you I am also waiting since 2001. I have been a silent visitor in this forum and I understand that you are one of the most respected persons here. I am gald to receive your opinion in my situation.

I took an Infopass appointment yesterday and the officer informed me that the case is under extended review. I have not received my 2nd Fp notice. First FP expired few months ago. She said that since the case is under extended review, only TSC has authority to do any thing like requesting 2 FP notice etc.,

I do not know how to even contact Congressman. I am from Atlanta. Do you know whom should be contact for help? I am sorry. If it is not advisable to post in this forum, you may please chose not to put any body's name here. If it is possible to post whom to contact, that will be of great help!

Thanks much for your help!

With best regards,

Baskar

if you are not under extended review....

Does this mean if you are not under extended review, you can request 2nd FP by infopass? My FP will expire pretty soon, so I really want to know how to get my 3rd FP notice.

Thanks!

Interview!

Hi friends,

My case is under extended review and when I called TSC the officer informed me that they may call me for interview.

Does anybody know what is the criteria for setting up interview? Waht will they ask during the interview?

After waiting for several years, they are now saying that my case is under extended review, interview possibility etc.,

I am frustrated!

Hi friends,

My case is under extended review and when I called TSC the officer informed me that they may call me for interview.

Does anybody know what is the criteria for setting up interview? Waht will they ask during the interview?

After waiting for several years, they are now saying that my case is under extended review, interview possibility etc.,

I am frustrated!
Why are you nervous?
Keep your all documents (W2, H1, Paystaubs, Taxes, birth cerificates etc. etc.) in order, organized. Speak truth. Thats it. They are not going to talk to you other than your legal stay and relevant question.

Hi friends,

I am frustrated!

Dont panic, be cool, do you suspect any reason for calling you for interview, like
change of employer, out of status any time, any court case like DUI....

Also , most of the time TSC answers randomly so be cool and dont get nervous untill you get something in concrete(like an email or mail) and also its good if they call you for interview, you will get the approval then and there just keep all your documents with you.

Hi friends,

I am frustrated!

For EB based petitions, the interview is pretty rare...but sometimes, to clarify things better like out of status period, Employment Verification Letter, Date of Birth certificate, marriage certificate etc...they may shortlist for interview...

What is appalling is that - USCIS keeps there petitions for 3-4 years, sitting on it's ass....and when it comes around to approval time...it wakes up and starts issuing RFE's or interviews....Why can't they do these things in the first year or so....

the whole concept of pre-adjudication is something that UCSIS never does...they never do it....when namecheck is done...that's when they wake up and remove dust off the files and prepare to delay even more...

I had similar experience, when they delayed my adjudication by issuing RFE...but luckily...for me the saga finished last week with 485 approval!

Not sure about one thing!

Thank you very much Blessed_by_ins, myh, assur, Saras, bantaGC and every body else who answered to me.

I do not have any major issues lile DUI, not used AC21, paying taxes properly, renewing EADs properly etc.,

When I was on H1B, sometime during 1999 my H1B was about to expire around December 99. My employer applied for the H1B extension by Sept '99. It took several months for processing and was still pending. By April 2000, I left for India and also left the employer before the approval of the H1B extension. But I still have a copy of the H1B extension petition.

Then during August 2000, I came back using another company's H1B. Got new H1B Visa stamped in Chennai during August 2000.

Will that be considered Out of Status? I am not sure. If any one knows about this, could you please post here?

Thanks much for your help again!

Baskar

Missed Assur and GC_Black_hole

I am sorry I missed both of you. Please accept my thanks for your help.

I am sorry I missed both of you. Please accept my thanks for your help.
baskar20, I am from special registrant countries. While getting registered myself in USCIS center, another registrant was in the similar situation like yours. His case was pending over several months, the officer entered petition# and got info. HE WAS SAFE.
The evidences that prove the good intent, and provide true information do help.
Can you check online-status of the H1B case in question? if it is still there.
Goodluck and dont be afraid, speak truth. The USCIS would like to see evidences instead to deny straight forward.

Good suggestion!

Thanks much assur.. I do not have the recipt number handy. It is available at home. I will check the status with the case number as soon as I get home tonight. I will also post the information here.

Thanks for your suggestion!

baskar20,

How come you are not approved till now?

Did you a call your local Senator or Congressman and
ask them(one of their office people) to check the status of your case?

Your PD is current like me and i have called Congressman office to check up on my case since my PD became current last week.

I-129 withdrawn!

I checked the status of the I-129 petition filed by my previous employer on December 1999. The status shows that the petition was withdrawn by my employer on June 14th 2000.

I applied for the visa extension during December 1999 and was waiting for the visa extension approval. The previous H1B visa was valid till the 2nd Jan 2000.

Due to unexpected circumstances I had to go to India. So, I left for India during the second week of April 2000. The I-129 was still in process but not approved.

I came back to the US using a fresh H1B from another employer during August 2000.

Will this be considered Out of Status? I am not sure.

Apart from this, there are no issues at all. I think that this may be the reason why they want to interview me. Ofcourse, I have not received any interview letter yet. But that is what the TSC personell told me about the possible course of action after the priority date becomes current in June 1st, 2007.